Installed a PCIII today with Leo Vince map...

ticktock

Reaction score
Visit site
So I did this today:

8684756260_6cd4d3fc31.jpg

Let the bike warm up, adjusted the throttle a bit, and then took it for a spin. I was really surprised. I definitely felt a difference in the bike. It just seemed... "happier" throughout it's rev range. First gear was way more enjoyable than usual. Normally I dread being in first and usually zip around town in second; but the "glug" was significantly gone and I didn't have to hold the throttle as much to get where I wanted to go.

When getting on the highway, the bike felt like it was reaching higher RPMs a lot quicker than usual, which put you in the power band sooner, which equals more smiles.

And for those of you who requested a side profile of my bike...

8683638623_283233fe9a.jpg

Also threw on some black/black reflective swingarm decals courtesy of FAZR6. It looks like part of it is missing in the picture, but that's just the way the light outside is hitting it.

Overall: :D

Last edited:

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thats awesome! How was the install? I recently installed the bazzaz F/C, not difficult but time comsuming. I agree with you on the feel of the bike:thumbup:

ticktock

Reaction score
Visit site
Thats awesome! How was the install? I recently installed the bazzaz F/C, not difficult but time comsuming. I agree with you on the feel of the bike:thumbup:

Honestly, it took me 20 minutes. Seat off, tank up, disconnect the 2 lines before the throttle bodies, click 4 connectors in, ground the unit to the negative of the battery, zip tie the wires and you're done.

I loaded the map I wanted last night so it was ready to roll when I went to my garage today.

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I forgot to add most of the time was spent figuring out how I wanted to arrange the f/c, heated glove sensor, speedo healer, and tool kit under the seat. Just plugging the controller in was the same time as you. I also dl'd an enhanced map for mine, my mpg dropped a bit so I plan to get the auto tune or get it dyno'd as soon as I can.

ticktock

Reaction score
Visit site
I forgot to add most of the time was spent figuring out how I wanted to arrange the f/c, heated glove sensor, speedo healer, and tool kit under the seat. Just plugging the controller in was the same time as you. I also dl'd an enhanced map for mine, my mpg dropped a bit so I plan to get the auto tune or get it dyno'd as soon as I can.

Yeah space under the seat is definitely limited. The PCIII is kind of big, and the only place I could fit it resulted in only 1 line of velcro holding it on, but after about an hour on the bike it didn't go anywhere, so I think it'll stay put.

I'm 99% sure I'm done with mods for awhile. This stuff is addicting. Always more you could do... haha.

ticktock

Reaction score
Visit site
What's your opinion of the Leo's (sounds and look) what mfr you choose those over others ?

I chose Leo Vince for a few reasons:

1. They're one of the only exhaust systems for the FZ6 that removes the catalytic converter on the bike.

2. They're one of the only exhaust systems for the FZ6 that comes with db killers for the cans.

3. They sound fantastic. With the db killers in, the tone is raw enough to be noticed but not ridiculous enough to annoy every single person in your neighborhood.

4. The carbon fiber cans are beautiful.

That about sums it up for me.

Gelvatron

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I chose Leo Vince for a few reasons:

1. They're one of the only exhaust systems for the FZ6 that removes the catalytic converter on the bike.

2. They're one of the only exhaust systems for the FZ6 that comes with db killers for the cans.

3. They sound fantastic. With the db killers in, the tone is raw enough to be noticed but not ridiculous enough to annoy every single person in your neighborhood.

4. The carbon fiber cans are beautiful.

That about sums it up for me.

i am word for word with you i like two brothers sound but its SOOOO loud second is LV's then third id say scorps, but the price point on the scorps and two bros is Ehhh i found leos for 611 before a 10% military i think im gonna pull the trigger.

BTW everyone else 10% off on motorcycle super store for leos right now and thats at an already sale price of 67x for the carbons

gocartone

Reaction score
Visit site
Good choice on the exhaust! From everything I've read it seems like the Leos make a good bit more power than every other system because of the cat delete pipe, and IMO are MUCH better sounding than the Scorpion or Two Bro's exhaust!

BTW everyone else 10% off on motorcycle super store for leos right now and thats at an already sale price of 67x for the carbons

The stainless version is only $464 with free shipping and you get a $30 gift card! (plan to order it next week :D) For the price difference I don't know why so many people go carbon, you can paint the stainless ones with some high temp paint and have the same look for almost $200 cheaper. There isn't any savings in weight with them as the stainless cans don't weigh much at all; the packing material is much heavier than the can itself is.

Gelvatron

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Good choice on the exhaust! From everything I've read it seems like the Leos make a good bit more power than every other system because of the cat delete pipe, and IMO are MUCH better sounding than the Scorpion or Two Bro's exhaust!

The stainless version is only $464 with free shipping and you get a $30 gift card! (plan to order it next week :D) For the price difference I don't know why so many people go carbon, you can paint the stainless ones with some high temp paint and have the same look for almost $200 cheaper. There isn't any savings in weight with them as the stainless cans don't weigh much at all; the packing material is much heavier than the can itself is.

i like the black if they had high temp painted black id choose that i really am not fond of the stainless color with my moto but on doors and crap its cool

gocartone

Reaction score
Visit site
i like the black if they had high temp painted black id choose that i really am not fond of the stainless color with my moto but on doors and crap its cool

I meant get the stainless and paint it black. The high temp VHT paint works great for mufflers, as long as you prep the cans good and bake the paint properly. I painted my whole quad exhaust with it and the stuff on the muffler is holding up perfect. The paint on the header is holding up pretty good, but I'm pretty sure I messed up the prep as one spot the paint is starting to chip away, about 8" away from the exhaust port. The rest of it still looks great!

KingOfDiabolo

Reaction score
Visit site
I just finally ordered the LeoVince exhaust from Motorcycle Superstore last night and got them for $464!! I'm excited, I've had the bike a little over a year and it's a silent ride. This is much needed.

JeffD

Reaction score
Visit site
So I did this today:
8684756260_6cd4d3fc31.jpg

So TickTock, how long did you have the Leo's before installing your PCIII? Can you give us your thoughts on how the bike performed before the PCIII? Just wondering your opinion on the worth & value of the PCIII with Leo's, or if you were happy enough without it? Thanks bud!

ticktock

Reaction score
Visit site
So TickTock, how long did you have the Leo's before installing your PCIII? Can you give us your thoughts on how the bike performed before the PCIII? Just wondering your opinion on the worth & value of the PCIII with Leo's, or if you were happy enough without it? Thanks bud!

I had just the exhaust on for over a year before I did the PCIII mod. In reality I didn't notice much of a difference at all in performance of the bike just by switching exhausts; only the sound of the bike changed.

I can honestly say that there is a performance difference in the bike after adding the PCIII though. It didn't transform the bike into a super sport, but it just feels peppier. Did I need to do the mod to enjoy the bike? Nah, but I'm happy I did it anyway.

Hope this helps!

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I had just the exhaust on for over a year before I did the PCIII mod. In reality I didn't notice much of a difference at all in performance of the bike just by switching exhausts; only the sound of the bike changed.

I can honestly say that there is a performance difference in the bike after adding the PCIII though. It didn't transform the bike into a super sport, but it just feels peppier. Did I need to do the mod to enjoy the bike? Nah, but I'm happy I did it anyway.

Hope this helps!

Did you get a chance to compare fuel economy? Before and after PC3?

gocartone

Reaction score
Visit site
Did you get a chance to compare fuel economy? Before and after PC3?

I did on my bike. Before I had cranked up the CO like +~35-40 over where it was stock (running Leo's without the inserts, no cat, and a big hole cut in the air box) and was getting about 50-55mpg on the highway. After the PCIII with a mixture of the Leo Vince tune and Two Bros tune that I'm going to adjust when I get the chance it's getting close to the same. I say close as the only two full tanks I ran through it had multiple runs to slightly more than 55mph and I still got 45mpg.

You have to watch the maps. I bought my PCIII used with what was said to be the stock tune, and it was like +20 across the board from zero throttle to like half throttle. That tank of gas I don't think I hit 40mpg on the highway, and I was easy on it the whole time! The Two Bros had the most efficient tune of the three I looked at (that, the Leo, and the Scorpion). What I ended up doing is taking the Two Bros tune for the part throttle areas and the Leo for the 3/4-full throttle area. The Scorpion tune I could see people getting horrible MPGs with as it added a ton of fuel when you weren't on the throttle, and I can certainly see why so many people seem to complain about huge drops if mileage when they put on a PCIII.

JeffD

Reaction score
Visit site
Reading my mind Erci :D I was curious about mileage as well. I'm considering the Leo's eventually, but didn't want to HAVE to get the PC if I didn't really need it. Believe me guys I understand wanting to squeeze a bit more out of her, but for me, I don't want to "screw up" what Yamaha designed by incorporating extras that I honestly don't fully understand. I like being able to get 200+ miles out of a tank on a regular basis. There are times when it "just didn't last as long", but again, I like what they've designed.

I mainly wanted to know if the Leo's alone allowed the bike to still run "as designed" so-to-speak without mucking up the mileage. At this point, the Leo's are, for me anyway, just for looks and a bit more sound. As I'd leave the Killers in. Thanks again guys, you all Rock! :thumbup:

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I mainly wanted to know if the Leo's alone allowed the bike to still run "as designed" so-to-speak without mucking up the mileage. At this point, the Leo's are, for me anyway, just for looks and a bit more sound. As I'd leave the Killers in. Thanks again guys, you all Rock! :thumbup:

I ran Leo's on my bike with DB killers in and no other mods. They did just that.. no change to fuel economy; bike still ran perfectly; sounder a heck of a lot better / looked better and dropped 10 pounds of weight. No noticeable change to performance.. good or bad.