Fuel Injection Controller by TECHLUSION

codeblue

winter soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Does anyone have any experience with it's fuel injection controller by Techlusion?? I know Boneman have been riding his FZ6 without a PC3 and hasn't experience any problem, but after seeing that Techlusion makes one for our FZ6 for a economical price I can't help but wonder if it's worth it. I know of someone who uses it on their SV and swears by it. No need for a computer connection, you can even adjust it "on the fly". So any advice from the forum experts?

Fred

M em b er e d
Reaction score
www.robietech.com
Frankly, that looks pretty junky to me.

Here's a FAQ with some telling information.
Techlusion TFI FAQs

No computer needed, adust with screws? This gadget is lengthening fuel injection pulses by grounding the injectors for a few milliseconds after the EFI computer would have shut them off. And you adjust it by adjusting potentiometers. So it doesn't have a fuel map. It has one adjustment for low RPM, one for mid, and one for high, or a similar arrangement. So its adjustability is very limited.

I'd much rather have a table where I can set a value for every single RPM and MAP value. I believe that a Power Commander does just that.

The Techlusion cannot ever lean out any part of the table. That's a serious weakness.

And here's the best part. If you have an 07+ FZ6 or any bike with an oxygen sensor, the stock EFI computer will see the changes the Techlusion has made and will alter it's own fuel map to bring thing back to where it knows the bike should be.

Which kind of renders the whole thing null and void.

Fred

jamesfz6

The faster red one!
Reaction score
Visit site
I read the FAQ link that was put and i like how the last one basically is telling me that their product will only work a few bikes and all it does is add fuel...how do you lean out the fat parts of the powerband??????

Y

yukon_alex

My father and I installed one of these on his R1150RT and it works as advertised. The problem before was that his bike was lean at partial throttle and would surge while keeping a steady hand on the throttle. The Techlusion was easy to install, is a true plug and play device, and eliminated the surging without any noticable effect anywhere else in the powerband. Mission accomplished. Cheaply.

Since the installation of the Techlusion box, my father installed a Two Brothers Titanium exhaust and according to the seat of my pants, there is a noticable difference in rideability everywhere.

Does the 2007 FZ6 need to be richer? I don't know. I think if I was to add a aftermarket exhaust, airfilter and PCIII, I would definitely pay to have the bike dyno tuned to take full advantage of the mods. The techlusion works for some, maybe not for others. Cobra also makes a plug and play device for the FZ6 that might work as well.

tuningfork

Reaction score
Visit site
I read this thinking it was like a $50 item...was shocked to see its over $200! You can buy a new PCIII or PCV on ebay for not much more $$.

The apps only show 2004-2006 FZ6 so that answers the O2 sensor question.

The only way I could see this might be somewhat useful is if you dial the bike's basic fuel curve way down using the "CO" method then add fuel back in the regions where you want it with this piggyback. The accel pump feature is not so bad either that could help with throttle response.

Not to bag on someone's ideas, but for the slight difference in $$ I'd go with a more configurable tuning product.