Wiring problems

LandonMartin

Reaction score
Visit site
I just installed the aztec8.com headlight, and I thought I wired it correctly the first time but I was apparently wrong. I hooked everything up correctly and both the high beam and low beam were working but I went for a ride and the low beam quit working, then the high beam. So I came home to check the connection and it seemed good but then I accidentally blew the ignition fuse. So I replaced that and that's fine, but the headlight isn't working neither are my back blinkers. I don't know if there's a short somewhere or what. Any help would be appreciated, thanks

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
You must repair where the short is. Fuses don't wear out so there is a problem.

You're talking about 3 fuses related to the lights on the FZ6

Make sure your headlamp doesn't have both filaments burned out. If you're running a single H4 with high and low beam the low beam must shut off when the high beam is turned on or the lamp overheats and fails prematurely. If your bike doesn't have one you may need a headlamp switching mod.

The reason I'll mention this is many of us have forgotten and scratched our heads. Did you start the engine after you replaced the fuses. The headlamp circuit will not work until the ECU activates the headlamp relay after the engine is running. :)