Deals Gap II

W

wrightme43

Just got back, I have pics to upload, and cool stories of adventure. LOL Woooo!!! LOL

My hands hurt, I have been holding the throttle since 7am and its almost 2 pm now. Sore worn out, and tired.

How about a newer katana, 60-70 mph in my lane, bike scraping, rider leaned off the WRONG way, looks like he is trying to climb off the high side, eyes all wide blasting past. I was going careful enough that I could just lean more, cut to the inside, and let him go on.

I assume he either slowed down or wrecked.

Scraped pegs on both sides.

More to follow.

W

wrightme43

Here is a test of photobucket host site.
Excuse if it fails, and if it works I knew it would. LOL
_dealsgapIIjune07026.jpg

W

wrightme43

Allright, now were in business.
56K NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bad 56K go back now.

_dealsgapIIjune07021.jpg

_dealsgapIIjune07019.jpg

_dealsgapIIjune07018.jpg

_dealsgapIIjune07017.jpg

shaggystyle

Hummingbird slayer.
Reaction score
Visit site
Whoa buddy, might want to censor your plate number. Gotta be careful with what kind of info you give out on the interwebs these days.

Also, one other suggestion, and this is just the inner geek breaking out....turn off the timestamp on your digital camera. The files will have timestamps on them if you need to know exactly when you took a pic. Having a visual one in the picture just kind of ruins the shot.

W

wrightme43

LOL
I dont know man, I have never worried about it. I mean I must of passed 500 people today, my bike sits parked with that plate showing, and if anybody wants they can get it thru the DMV. What can anybody do with it anyway? If they want my address just google my username, it will tell all the forums, I am a part of, my posts, links to my photo albums, if they get real bored, they can find my parents names, and thier parents names on geneo websites.

I mean if there is some reason I dont know of, I will but, if its just cause someone might get my plate number, then I dont care.

The date stamp was just on. I think its been on for three years. LOL

shaggystyle

Hummingbird slayer.
Reaction score
Visit site
oh yea, i complete forgot to complement your photos......great pics man. That's some fantastic scenery.

As for the hiding your plate, I try to be bit more discrete with my internet presence. Although anyone savy enough could track me down without too much trouble. I just don't want "the man" coming after me (anyone seen the new Die Hard yet?).

fz6xlr8r

Reaction score
Visit site
Nice pics. Looks like you had another good trip to the "Dragons Tail". I can't wait to get up there myself. I just need to get someone to go with me incase I decide to involuntarily donate parts to the " Tree of Shame". That way at least I'll have a ride home. LOL

W

wrightme43

Nice pics. Looks like you had another good trip to the "Dragons Tail". I can't wait to get up there myself. I just need to get someone to go with me incase I decide to involuntarily donate parts to the " Tree of Shame". That way at least I'll have a ride home. LOL

No worries man. Its pretty well a simple thing. My arms get very tired about halfway thru. I get nervous and tense up some, instead of being able to do the chicken dance. Its alot of fun.

The pictures are from the Chenowa Skyway. Its got places to pull off and look, and relax. The dragon just has a few spots of gravel, but unless you know they are there its hard to get stopped.

Killboy did get a few shots on the way in, but thats with the saddle bags and tank bag on. Oh well.
I only got passed twice.
Once a Ducati rider in full leathers scraping knee pucks. And next a R1 full leathers scraping pucks. I passed several bikes no sport bikes but cruisers are just in the way. LOL

W

wrightme43

Especially on the right side. When I dropped it last time I was there I bent the feeler all up. So I removed it. When that one scraped, it was the real peg, not the feeler. LOL That one kinda scared me.

v4rick

Reaction score
Visit site
Gap rider?

You're talking about a Katana passing you at 60-70 on a curve at DEALS GAP? I ride there often and only the most skilled riders on the fastest bikes can take the curves at those speeds!

W

wrightme43

Re: Gap rider?

You're talking about a Katana passing you at 60-70 on a curve at DEALS GAP? I ride there often and only the most skilled riders on the fastest bikes can take the curves at those speeds!

No the Katana was in my lane heading into a turn as I was heading out. He was climbing up the high side of his bike with it shoved under him and his eyes wide as as saucers. I may of over estimated speed as we were closing but he was getting it. I expect he wrecked or slowed the hell down.

Sorry it took two years to get back to you. LOL