Headlamp Conversion Question

LandonMartin

Reaction score
Visit site
I just bought a headlamp kit from aztec8.com
This one in fact 7" Single Headlight Kits B/O untill 7/01/07 please check back and im just wondering if there's going o be a lot of electrical switches (with the plugs and stuff) that ill have to deal with? I'm not all that great when it comes to the electrical department, so any help would be appreciated, and make sure to dumb the answers down for me. Thanks!

chunkygoat

Reaction score
Visit site
I imagine the instructions will tell you how to wire the pigtails. Sounds like you're going to disconnect the old headlight, cut the connector coming from the bike - and wire the new connector.

Looks like 3 wires. I imagine one is + for the low beam, 1 is + for the high beam, and 1 is ground. I could be wrong, this is an assumption. Regardless, it should be a piece of cake, especially if the instructions are detailed.

Install the new headlight, connect the newly wired connector to the headlight, bam done.

teapot39

Reaction score
Visit site
I've installed a similar headlight last winter and it was actually easier that I expected. These round lights use the same type of H4 bulb that is in the original right side headlight and, if you have done the BD43 dual headlight mod http://www.600riders.com/forum/how-tos/1663-bd43s-07-headlight-mod-part-1-a.html, or if you are willing to do it, all you have to do is plug your right side original connector on your new headlight. That way the low beam will always be off when the high beam is on and vice-versa.