AMA Superbike Showdown Pics

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I rode to the AMA Superbike Showdown today, what a blast! The weather was perfect and there was plenty of action. Bonus for me was that it was 85 miles each way, so the roundtrip was the perfect distance to empty my tank so I could install BD43's headlight mod!!

Today was the final day of a three day event. The three final races that I saw were: Superstock (liter bikes), Supersport (600cc bikes), and Supberbike (liter bikes). These bikes are fast and the riders are much machines as the bikes they are riding. It's amazing to watch these races and think about the technical ability and concentration it must take to get the bike to do that.

A Honda, ridden by Jake Holden, won the Superstock race, followed by two GIXXERS. A YAMAHA R6:Sport:, ridden by Ben Bostrom, won the Supersport race, followed by a Honda and a Suzuki. Ben Spies on a GSX-R1000 won the Superbike race, followed by another GIXXER and a Kawasaki ZX-10R. Jason DiSalvo was in 3rd on his R1 for a long time until he missed the chicane and dropped a bunch of positions. The Suzukis were just on fire today.

I had a blast and would highly recommend catching a professional road race if you get a chance.

Pictures:
Picasa Web Albums - Travis - AMA Superbike...

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
Nice pics, want to really have fun? Take Reg Pridmore's Class at Infineon. Nothing beats riding on the track, it is so cool plus you will improve your riding skills big time.

I have taken the Class 2 times. Once with the FJR and last fall with my FZ. I was rubbing the FZ feelers on the foot pegs and having a ball.

Dunno

Reaction score
Visit site
Great pics. i can only hope Mladin does better at the next meeting. Me being an Aussie & all :thumbup:

Edit. Im so jealous you guys get to see top class racing so close to your home. Make the most of it!

Last edited:

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Great pics. i can only hope Mladin does better at the next meeting. Me being an Aussie & all :thumbup:

Edit. Im so jealous you guys get to see top class racing so close to your home. Make the most of it!

Yeah I guess living here we take it for granted being so close to pretty much everything. Thanks for the perspective!

Rocky01

Reaction score
Visit site
Yo Chemiker,

What brand of camera did you use to snap the pictures?

I have my ticket for the Mid-Ohio race weekend, first weekend in August. This will be my first Superbike race and I want to take pictures with a new digital camera. My camera is a Sony and is a whole 2.0 megapixils!!!

I'll have to drive about 500 miles though from NJ to OH to see the race. But I'm starting to get psyched!

Rocky

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Rocky,
I used a Fuji FinePix S700. It is a standard digital camera, not an SLR. I wanted the look and feel of an SLR but without the cost. I read consumer reports and cnet and liked this camera the best of the non-SLRs at the time.

Factors that were important to me:
- Good OPTICAL zoom, none of that digital zoom crap (this one has 10x)
- Short delay between pics (I have a 21-month old and they move fast)
- Common batteries so that I don't have to have some proprietary battery on hand (this one takes AAs)

This camera had it all and for a reasonable price. I do not recall now what the price was, maybe a couple hundred bucks?

I'm not a photographer but I have owned several digital cameras and this one is my favorite by far.

Have fun at the race and post lots of action shots!!

Travis