2006 FZ6 Givi Case

Somebuddy

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi there! I'm new to this forum, just bought my FZ6 about 3 weeks ago. I've had 3 bikes prior and figure I should register here for the times I may need help. I'll try to search the older posts to see if my questions have already been answered but without further adieu.

My FZ6 came with what the guy told me was a "Givi" rack. However, it has no box! I'll try to see if I can add pictures of it but what I'm wondering is: I want to buy one of those cases that can hold one helmet, equivalent to 9500 pencils, 3 gerbils...

Sorry, yeah the Givi case that holds 1 helmet. However, A. I'm not sure if the rack I have is even a Givi rack (Dunno why he would tell me it was when it wasn't but..) and B. In the case that it is a Givi Rack, will any case fit on it? Or is there specific Givi racks that match up with only the same type of case?

I'm thinking about buying online so I don't want to have to deal with getting it wrong and going through the return process if I don't have to.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!

jbwaterman84

Born to ride
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks like the side support bars are the givi kit. The top plate looks to be a universal. The givi top boxes come with a universal mounting plate that you should be able to rig up to that top frame. I would just buy the plate you need for whatever style of box you get (monolock or monokey), and replace the one that's there.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That's a givi rack, but the plate.. I've never seen one like that before. Does not look like monolock and it's definitely not monokey (those are the 2 types Givi makes).

So, you'll have to get a case and possibly new plate (plates are about $45).

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks like the side support bars are the givi kit. The top plate looks to be a universal. The givi top boxes come with a universal mounting plate that you should be able to rig up to that top frame. I would just buy the plate you need for whatever style of box you get (monolock or monokey), and replace the one that's there.

D'oh.. ya beat me by 2 minutes! :thumbup:

Somebuddy

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks guys! I'm off to explore their website right now. I made sure to push the "thanks" button on both of your replies.. whatever that does!

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks guys! I'm off to explore their website right now. I made sure to push the "thanks" button on both of your replies.. whatever that does!

Doesn't *do* anything. Lets us know you acknowledge and appreciate the replies :thumbup:

Sith Lord

Reaction score
Visit site
I bought a Givi Box, to fit on to the factory Yamaha mounting bracket. The Givi box came with a mounting plate that I bolted onto the Yamaha bracket. As long as you buy a new box, it should come with the bracket which you should be able to bolt up. Lots of 'shoulds' ;)

Somebuddy

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for all your replies guys. I looked around and I found a Givi case that looked good and would fit my needs and discovered that it also came with the mounting plate so I should have to just switch the mounting plates out on my bike!

Cortez

Reaction score
Visit site
One detail that might help someone in the long run.. I believe ALL
small givi and kappa topcases come with a mounting plate, and I
KNOW that ALL SHAD cases come with a plate, regardless of size.

As long as there is a carrier/mounting hardware on the bike, any
(99%) plate will fit.

SHAD SH37 looks TEH ****Z on the FZ6.
:rolleyes: