Turn signal indicator flickering

zackattack784

Reaction score
Visit site
I just recently installed pod lights on my bike. I made the pod lights both running lights and turn signals by splicing into the running lights wire and the turn signal wire. Tonight I was riding home from work and noticed on my gauge cluster that at around 64 mph the right turn signal indicator was flickering. It didn't flicker at slower speeds and it didn't seem to flicker at higher speeds, but I could be wrong about that. It's a very dim flicker. I can't see the flicker in the daylight.

I'm not sure if the actual pod light is flickering. I'm gonna have my dad ride in front of me tomorrow and see if it is. Any idea what could be causing this? Maybe the speed is causing some vibrations and something is a little loose? I'm not good with electrical stuff so if the actual pod light isn't flickering and everything keeps working I may just ignore it lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
If you're using your flasher circuit to change bias from ground to 12 volts positive, the ground state may not be exactly Zero state or 12 volt negative. That's why I was mentioning in a previous discussion that this may not be and optimum path to do this with.

You might experiment with an inline diode. Anode to the pod light and cathode to the flasher side to eliminate a possible leak. The indicator on your instrument cluster will sometimes illuminate because they require much less current to come on that your pod LEDs so it may just be your cluster indicators. :)

Last edited:

zackattack784

Reaction score
Visit site
Problem solved. Looks like it was caused by an incompetent previous owner. Instead of splicing in his new turn signals correctly he just twisted the wires together and used electrical tape....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk