Road to Whistler

jimbop

Reaction score
Visit site
Took advantage of the awesome weather this AM and headed up to Whistler and back. Left at 6:30 so the traffic was nil. My riding buddy flatted at Horseshoe Bay so we had a slight delay while he organized a tow. Lesson #1 carry a flat kit/ patch plug... and gas cartridge in your tank bag. Anyways, I headed off after he figured himself out and had a great ride. Hit Whister and turned around at Alpine Meadows using the Westside lake road which is nice and twisty. Saw the sign for the Olympic Nordic Center so I decided to take a look. It's about 10 K of nice new semi twisty road with 0 traffic other then a few bicyclists. I highly recommend this little detour if your heading up that way.
Cheers and let's celebrate that finally Winter looks to be gone!

hunterfz6

Reaction score
Visit site
How come when you canadians type, you dont use EH at all? I mean, when I was in canada, it was like every other word. :rockon:

bd43

Staff member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Like this? :thumbup:
Last year. The landscape was driving me insane. Literally. Then, I saw Vancouver:eek:

Yah, except I kinda thought there were more trees, eh? Maybe they burnt down or the beetles got to them?

eh, eh, eh, eh, eh.... ?

Man, that's so unnatural...., I must be a landed imigrant or something. LOL

Y

yukon_alex

Yah, except I kinda thought there were more trees, eh? Maybe they burnt down or the beetles got to them?

eh, eh, eh, eh, eh.... ?

Man, that's so unnatural...., I must be a landed imigrant or something. LOL

I think that photo is actually farther north, closer to Lilooet. Could be wrong. The road past Whistler is quite well treed but after you leave Pemberton it dries out and opens up quite a bit.

Gigot2000

L'Bon Dieu Amen
Reaction score
Visit site
You're right alex. Must have been tired or something. It is north of Whistler, and a little north of Lillooet, so I'm completely wrong. Sorry for the misunderstanding. And yes, there's a lot more trees near Whistler. So we still need pics!!! :D
Jimbop, is the highway between Whistler and Vancouver finished yet? Remember was stucked for hours in traffic there, on a beautiful Friday afternoon. There were construction sites everywhere. And damn Vancouver looked nice that day!

jimbop

Reaction score
Visit site
The Road from Vancouver to Whistler is under major rebuilding for the 2010 Olympics. Our hard earned Canadian Tax dollars are creating what will be an unbelievably great highway for the future. The divided sections that are finished are the best! Two lanes blocked off from on coming traffic, what could one desire more. Loook for to be all done by next Summer 2009. Can't wait!

jimbop

Reaction score
Visit site
The Road from Vancouver to Whistler is under major rebuilding for the 2010 Olympics. Our hard earned Canadian Tax dollars are creating what will be an unbelievably great highway for the future. The divided sections that are finished are the best! Two lanes blocked off from on coming traffic, what could one desire more. Look for it to be all done by next Summer 2009. Can't wait!

wstcstguy

Reaction score
Visit site
The road to Whistler wasn't too bad this past weekend. Left Coquitlam Saturday morning. I wasn't very impressed with the "duffey lake road" hwy 99. took hwy 12 back home through lytton, except for a few fallen rocks on the road, awesome ride!!

Gigot2000

L'Bon Dieu Amen
Reaction score
Visit site
Thought 99 was impressive. Well, from jct 1 to Pemberton, that is. Lots of curves, awesome landscape, but lots of RVs too...
But, hey!, I'm not used to the Rockies, I live on an island! Gimme a chance! ;)