Gear indicator plug 'n' play

Trip Hazzard

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi, i'm looking to fit a plug 'n' play gear indicator from PZ Racing to a 09 fz6 s2, i need to know what colour the wires are for the, odometer and the rev counter.
Thanks

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Rev counter is going to be your Crankshaft Position Sensor. Right side of your motor on the case, The gray wire on the GPS.

Under your seat at the ECU plug. The white with a yellow tracer wire is your speed sensor signal.

This is per another member on the forum.

Let us know how you make out! :)

Trip Hazzard

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi, I've had a look at the CPS and there is a light grey and a dark grey wire any idea which one i should connect to. Allso had a good look round for the speed sensor wire, can't see a wire of that colour, any idea.

Thanks

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi, I've had a look at the CPS and there is a light grey and a dark grey wire any idea which one i should connect to. Allso had a good look round for the speed sensor wire, can't see a wire of that colour, any idea.

On the GPS: a gray wire and a black wire with blue markings.

Thanks

If you look at the ECU plug on your bike you will find a plain gray wire. It has no other color marking. This will be The GPS signal.

Same plug at the ECU you should find a white wire with yellow dots or a yellow line. This is the speed sensor wire.

Some times the colors are not always obvious so take a close look.

I've checked the S1 and S2 FZ6 schematics and they call out the same color codes for these sensors.
Let us know how you make out! :)

Last edited:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

Trip Hazzard

Reaction score
Visit site
There was a plug on the end of it, but there was nowhere to plug it in to so cut it of.

Have spliced in to the white wire, but the wires from the cps are both grey, 1 dark grey the other light grey with 2 dark green rings on it, i just want to clarify which of the 2 grey wires to splice in to,

Thanks again

Exfreelander

Reaction score
Visit site
I've also bought a plug and play unit for my FZ6 S2 ABS, and I'm having trouble finding the connection mentioned in the instructions. And if I do find it, I then need to find another wire for something on the geartronic to splice into, so on the whole, it's not exactly plug and play.

Exfreelander

Reaction score
Visit site
After a few days searching I've still not found the mythical 'triangular plug' for the speed sensor, contacting the supplier wasn't a big help either.

I've printed off a diagram from the service manual to see if I can find it, but on a simple wiring loom like the FZ has (compared to a car.....) it's hard to imagine that the connection is so difficult to find, I wonder if Yamaha had some different spec harnesses made and fitted to the ABS bikes which don't have this connector.

I don't want to cut or splice into the bike's original wiring, it's all doing my baldy-heed in (quaint northern term).:banghead:

jorgeli

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi
I am installing a geartronic2 on my FZ6 now, but it is not working so good.

The thing i don´t can programe is the gears in the display.
I am thinking if i have the wrong wire on the GPS??

In the instructions it should be a green/black wire but i could not find that one so i find the grey wire that talking about here.

Is it the grey wire that come from here?

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Splicing and taping into wires is certainly NOT "plug and play".

The Speedohealer is a "Plug and Play", no cutting, literally plugging into the stock harness..

IMO, if a company would come up with a truly, "plug and play" decent unit, I suspect they'd out sell most everyone.

I'd invest in one as well.. Until then, I'll keep looking for 7th gear ;)

Exfreelander

Reaction score
Visit site
Splicing and taping into wires is certainly NOT "plug and play".

The Speedohealer is a "Plug and Play", no cutting, literally plugging into the stock harness..

IMO, if a company would come up with a truly, "plug and play" decent unit, I suspect they'd out sell most everyone.

I'd invest in one as well.. Until then, I'll keep looking for 7th gear ;)
There's probably not much incentive for a company to develop one, how many FZ6 ABS were sold before production ended? My gear indicator is sat in it's box in the shed unused, I don't fancy trying to cut any wires to the ecu, though I'd be more inclined to splice into a wire further down the harness.
Incidentally, while looking at the ecu I found there was water in the rubber boot that covers it. I removed it and dried it out (it looks like the pcb has a waterproof coating on it) then used some red-rubber grease to seal around the boot when I put it back together to stop water getting in again.

jorgeli

Reaction score
Visit site
Now it work most times.
It is a little bit difficult to program the gears so it is working well.
Have done it 6 times now but the fifth gear sometimes missed in the display
View attachment 52370

Skickat från min SM-P605 via Tapatalk