Royal Purple Max Cycle

FIZSIX

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys quick question would like some educated opinions. I recently did a oil change and threw in some Royal Purple Max Cycle 10w40 and so far so good I suppose (new rider, new bike)

I was having a conversation with a motorcycle dude who seemed to know his stuff and when i explain to him what i used and how it was compatible with wet clutches he asked me if it was full synthetic, i replied yes, he said he would never run full synthetic due to clutch slippage.

Have any of you ever experienced this? Even though the product states its compatible could it still be a issue little later on down the road?

From my 1 1/2 cents of knowledge on oil i know Royal Purple, Amsoil, Motul, Mobil 1, etc. are proven and trust worthy.

What do you guys think about this Max Cycle shtuff?

**Max-Cycle is specifically formulated to exceed the
demands of highly stressed engines and transmissions.
It is recommended for use in both air-cooled and liquid-
cooled 4-cycle engines and is compatible with wet-clutch
transmissions.

Formulated with select synthetic base oils and Royal
Purple’s proprietary Synerlec additive technology, Max-
Cycle provides improved film strength when compared to
the leading synthetic and mineral oil. Its shear stability
and oxidation resistance promote greater performance
and protection.

Max-Cycle meets or exceeds API requirements and is rated
JASO MA2, the highest wet clutch compatibility rating
under the JASO T903:2011 Clutch Friction Test. Max-
Cycle is compatible with other mineral and synthetic
motor oils. No flushing is necessary prior to use.**

http://static.pepboys.com/images/pr...-max-cycle-10w40-synthetic-motorcycle-oil.png

To be honest im thinking about buying all their bike products, especially that purple ice coolant. Their product line looks very promising.

:thumbup:

mave2911

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Your friend is a n00b - I'm not sure I'd take motorcycle related advice from him!

Fully synthetic motorcycle oil is fine. I personally use fully synthetic Motul 7100 10w40 at $90 a change.

Just be sure it doesn't make reference to 'friction modification'

Cheers,
Rick

Gelvatron

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
If it says for use with wet clutch it's probably for use with wet clutch that guy probably does not have a chemical engineering degree I'd leave that to the guys with the oil company, find a brand you like and use it if your bot sure and want to be safe go to yamaha and buy their product.

Alot of people should keep their mouths closed and let people think they are stupid rather than opening and proving us right.

Good for you to ask and inform yourself because knowledge is power