Headlights, running lights, and all turn signals no longer work

Robidouxs

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a 1986 FZ 600. Headlights, running lights, and all turn signals do not work. I am confused why they are not working. I am missing the two front turn signal but have the two rear turn signals intact.

The following work:
-both front and rear brake lights
-light above license plate
-neutral light
-horn
-Low oil light

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have a 1986 FZ 600. Headlights, running lights, and all turn signals do not work. I am confused why they are not working. I am missing the two front turn signal but have the two rear turn signals intact.

The following work:
-both front and rear brake lights
-light above license plate
-neutral light
-horn
-Low oil light
Could it be a fuse? have you cross wired something when removing the front indicators?
Not many owners with your model on the forum but I'm sure someone will help you out.

Neil

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome:to our great forum! :D

Is this a preexisting problem or did these lights just recently fail?

When you say front and rear brake lights do you mean the brake light in the rear works and you also have a running light in the front that works?
If your license plate light is lit it would be on your running light circuit so this circuit is live.

If all of these lights failed at one instant, a fuse or common ground for these lights may have failed. A common ground might be a body or engine mounted ground wire. Usually black in color.

Check all your bulbs are good and the socket connections are good.

The OEM type flasher may have failed or it needs a minimum load of signal lamps for it to work. Usually having just one lamp on either side will not be enough load.

You can get an electronic flasher for $8.95 here. It will flash at a steady rate regardless of what combination of lights you have. LF1-S-Flat Super Bright LEDs - Electronic LED Flashers Specifications

Or....I'm about 7 hrs west of you! :rolleyes:

Again! Welcome to the best forum on the web!

Ssky0078

Reaction score
Visit site
I had this same exact problem recently (test your 4-way hazzards, mine still worked but no other lights worked other than brake light and neutral).

I was going naked and had left my wiring harness exposed, well after some excessive rubbing they finally shorted out and blew a fuse.

I would suggest looking for where you possibly had the short and then check your fuses.