Where do you get your gear from?

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm looking to get a new set of leather trousers and want to avoid going the internet route if possible.

Any suggestions?

Neil:thumbup:

TopPud

-Matt-
Reaction score
Visit site
Revzilla.com
MotorcycleGear.com
Motorcyclesuperstore.com

All of the 3 I use Frequently..in descending order. Love Revzilla, They have review videos on so many products!

Good Luck!

Xavias

Shenanigans.
Reaction score
Visit site
Our dealerships usually can meet or beat internet deals around here. Then I get to try it on too. :) Though, I bought my leathers online...

DownrangeFuture

Electronic Repair Genius
Reaction score
Visit site
From the store usually. :D

Although I couldn't comment on specific stores in Ireland being in merika. Cycle gear has decent prices, although they aren't prolific overseas. Maybe 5 stores total outside the US?

chucknorris

Reaction score
Visit site
I live in Canada but buy most of my Gear across the Border... I usually travel to the US 2-3 times a year and I always hit a Cyclegear store if at all possible,great prices and great products.I have saved a lot of money on Gear this way.

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm looking to get a new set of leather trousers and want to avoid going the internet route if possible.

Any suggestions?

I know how ya feel on this one Neil....
buying stuff off the internet, not knowing how it'll fit, the hassle of returning it if it doesn't, not getting what you actually expected.....PITA!
And it's even harder being a woman and trying to find gear locally to try on. Most shops don't carry alot of women's gear because we're still such a minority in riding.
Are there not alot of local shops over there?

SweaterDude

Broke-zillionaire
Reaction score
Visit site

Poot

Thank God ^ was there!
Reaction score
Visit site
MotorcycleGear.com

They have great customer service, and I like how they do fit guides for almost all of the products they sell.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Re: Where do you get your gear from in the ROI

Thanks for the responses, I would really like to here from some of the guys on home turff.
So come on get posting:BLAA:

Gelvatron

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Second revzilla but bike bandit is a joke the sales reps dont know anything more than what the computer tells them really pathetic, as for gear specific online I'd give it to revzilla but store front I go to dealerships to find and try on stuff or cycle gear who some of employes are not that smart but some are verrry knowledgeable you have to ask around also they have good prices once a month just follow their sales

SweaterDude

Broke-zillionaire
Reaction score
Visit site
bikebandit carries OEM parts for older bikes thats the bid deal with them for me, like a 1986 FZX700 Fazer... not the easiest bike to get parts for.

i'm good friends with the guy at the parts counter at the local stealership so i get most parts at cost (my total with tax is usally less than sticker by a few dollars) and hey, i keep goin back, so they're doing something right.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Being that you're in Ireland, I'm figuring that the brand Rev It must be pretty big since they are from Europe. What we have here in the states may not be available over there, and vice versa.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Being that you're in Ireland, I'm figuring that the brand Rev It must be pretty big since they are from Europe. What we have here in the states may not be available over there, and vice versa.
I will check out brand rev,

Neil

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Bought my RST leathers from Motorcycle Helmets, Clothing, Jackets, Gloves, Boots & Accessories
I usually go to cotters (Welcome to Cotter Motor Cycles) or another store to try on the gear for size then go online as it works out cheaper, RST leathers cost me 60 quid less.
Cotters is very competitively priced, I have used tons of Spada gear in the past and found it to be great quality.
The latest tyre models are a bit expensive but the likes of the BT021 are well priced.

Neil

blu3

Reaction score
Visit site
Cotters is very competitively priced, I have used tons of Spada gear in the past and found it to be great quality.
The latest tyre models are a bit expensive but the likes of the BT021 are well priced.

Neil

I only go there to try things for getting the size right before I start searching the net.

For tyres I go to my local motorcycle shop as I fit new tyres at cost price for me :)

aid-90

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Nelly,

I got my last pair if trousers from Cotters in dublin. I can order jackets online but wouldnt chance trousers..... thought i would be an xL ended up being 3xL :eek:

Great selection and Im sure you are bound to come across a deal or 2!

Aidan

stapojj

Reaction score
Visit site
Ive used Bikeworld (Longmile Rd) (Reasonable range, expensive), Cotters (Good), HB in Waterford (Great service), Lee motorcycles in Cork (Good range, good price), Megabikes (Wexford st in Dublin) (I like Halvarssons gloves), Embassy in Wexford (Nice people), Various bits from Louis - Motorrad & Freizeit - Europas Nr.1 für Motorradbekleidung, Motorradhelme und Motorradzubehör., Crossans up the North (some good deals).
In fact, tried most shops in Ireland and a good few UK.
The main pain is getting someone who has some good stuff and not the usual crap.

spuddy01

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Nelly
Have you tried Louis.de get alot of my gear from them just recently got a pair of Vanucci leather pants to go with a jacket i got from them last year. Great customer service from them also. Not much of a selection in local dealer nearest me would have to travel 1-2 hrs for better selection so I just order online.