Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Misti! Good to hear from you! How's the Baby? Riding yet?:cheer:

Advise might be limited as in the verbalization of what is actually going on and what solution is chosen for that given information. Advise might be from the less knowledgeable with less experience gained.

Instruction might be something like real time observance and then solution. I would also expect instruction to be from more qualified experienced instructors. The end result being more immediate gain and understanding of goals. :)
:welcome:back!!!:D

Last edited:

jdoorn14

Reaction score
Visit site
Anyone can give advice. Not all advice given is good or practical...or right.

Anyone who has practical experience and/or book knowledge can lecture. This does not imply that they are effective in their effort to impart knowledge to others.

Instruction implies that the teacher has been trained in both the subject they are teaching as well as in techniques for teaching the information and effective communication.

That's my $0.02 on the subject, anyway. YMMV.

Misti

Reaction score
www.mistihurst.com
Hey Misti! Good to hear from you! How's the Baby? Riding yet?:cheer:

Advise might be limited as in the verbalization of what is actually going on and what solution is chosen for that given information. Advise might be from the less knowledgeable with less experience gained.

Instruction might be something like real time observance and then solution. I would also expect instruction to be from more qualified experienced instructors. The end result being more immediate gain and understanding of goals. :)
:welcome:back!!!:D

Hi :) Kids are good! I have two, a 17 month old girl and a 3.5 year old boy. Both are into bikes. My son is insane on his run bike and can ride a pedal bike no problem but prefers his Strider. We have a little 50cc ready in the garage for his 4th birthday in May :) My daughter is a firecracker whom I'm sure will be kickin her brothers butt in no time :cheer:

Most people tend to say that advice is limited whereas instruction gives more detail on observations and solutions and is usually from qualified instructors.

I think that advice can come from anyone and doesn't include the WHY or the HOW. Advice might be, "try to brake at the 2 marker, go deeper." whereas instruction would help you figure out why you aren't braking deeper, what is holding you back and how you might be able to carry more speed into the turn.

I remember an AMA race weekend at Barber Motorsports Park, I was having trouble in turn one. I was braking way too early and losing a lot of speed into the turn and I was at risk of not qualifying for the event. My husband said "you need to brake later and go faster into turn 1." and I was like, "NO SH*T!!!, HOW???" hahahaha, it wasn't until a friend of mine, who also happens to be a coach with CSS as well observed me in the turn and helped me figure out what was holding me back from going faster into turn 1. My husband gave me advice, my friend instructed me on how to improve in that section.

What is the best, or worse piece of riding advice you have ever received?

Misti

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi :) Kids are good! I have two, a 17 month old girl and a 3.5 year old boy. Both are into bikes. My son is insane on his run bike and can ride a pedal bike no problem but prefers his Strider. We have a little 50cc ready in the garage for his 4th birthday in May :) My daughter is a firecracker whom I'm sure will be kickin her brothers butt in no time :cheer:

Most people tend to say that advice is limited whereas instruction gives more detail on observations and solutions and is usually from qualified instructors.

I think that advice can come from anyone and doesn't include the WHY or the HOW. Advice might be, "try to brake at the 2 marker, go deeper." whereas instruction would help you figure out why you aren't braking deeper, what is holding you back and how you might be able to carry more speed into the turn.

I remember an AMA race weekend at Barber Motorsports Park, I was having trouble in turn one. I was braking way too early and losing a lot of speed into the turn and I was at risk of not qualifying for the event. My husband said "you need to brake later and go faster into turn 1." and I was like, "NO SH*T!!!, HOW???" hahahaha, it wasn't until a friend of mine, who also happens to be a coach with CSS as well observed me in the turn and helped me figure out what was holding me back from going faster into turn 1. My husband gave me advice, my friend instructed me on how to improve in that section.

What is the best, or worse piece of riding advice you have ever received?

Misti
Welcome back,

The worst piece of advice I ever received was:

Don't use the rear brake,
Don't use the front brake in the wet,

Neil