RIP Robert Dunlop

Scorphonic

No Man is an Ireland.
Reaction score
Visit site
Robert Dunlop dies after NW crash

Motorcyclist Robert Dunlop has died after suffering severe chest injuries in a crash in Thursday's practice session at the North West 200.
Another Northern Ireland rider, Darren Burns, suffered a suspected broken leg and concussion in the accident, but is said to be stable in hospital.
The accident happened in the 250cc qualifying as the riders approached the Mathers Cross Section of the course.
Dunlop's brother Joey was killed in a racing accident in Estonia in 2000.
The riders were travelling at speeds of about 160 miles per hour when the accident happened.
Dunlop's bike appeared to seize and he went over the handlebars.
Burns was following behind and was unable to avoid hitting the Ballymoney rider.
Robert Dunlop sustained serious injuries in a crash at the Isle of Man TT in 1994 before later returning to action.

BBC

BBC SPORT | Motorsport | Motorbikes | Dunlop dies after motorbike crash

RIP dude.

Mattberkshire

Reaction score
Visit site
Oh man. I just purchased a CD by another irish dude who died too early (Rory Gallagher) and was getting choked by it all then I heard about this. Life's just not on sometimes. R.I.P. Robert

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Robert Dunlop dies after NW crash

Motorcyclist Robert Dunlop has died after suffering severe chest injuries in a crash in Thursday's practice session at the North West 200.
Another Northern Ireland rider, Darren Burns, suffered a suspected broken leg and concussion in the accident, but is said to be stable in hospital.
The accident happened in the 250cc qualifying as the riders approached the Mathers Cross Section of the course.
Dunlop's brother Joey was killed in a racing accident in Estonia in 2000.
The riders were travelling at speeds of about 160 miles per hour when the accident happened.
Dunlop's bike appeared to seize and he went over the handlebars.
Burns was following behind and was unable to avoid hitting the Ballymoney rider.
Robert Dunlop sustained serious injuries in a crash at the Isle of Man TT in 1994 before later returning to action.

BBC

BBC SPORT | Motorsport | Motorbikes | Dunlop dies after motorbike crash

RIP dude.
I am gutted the Dunlop family are a true legacy to the spirit of road racing. RIP.

Nelly