I finally went through with it!

Billhockey1993

Reaction score
Visit site
I actually winded up taking off the stock muffler to hear it. I found the sound to be very agresive and I actually liked the tone, so I winded up cutting off the stock muffler and running straight 1 3/4 inch pipe all the way to the back to the tail. The pipe was $8 the clamp was $2 and I also bought a small drag pipe baffle off of amazon for like $11. I'm very happy with the sound only down side is its a little ugly with just having that single 1 3/4 pipe there. Overall I'm pretty happy with my $21 exhaust. :):rockon:

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
If you plan on keeping it like that I'd find a way to out the stock shroud back on to cover it up

JimStl

Reaction score
Visit site
I guess you just want to make sure the engine is not negatively effected by removing the back pressure that the muffler provided.

It's not much on looks, but I imagine it sounds great, except to your neighbors. :)

outasight20

Reaction score
Visit site
I'd imagine you will have less friends in the future if you continue riding with an open exhaust. You will piss off EVERYONE with that setup.

Billhockey1993

Reaction score
Visit site
I think I should be fine. It's not like I just took off the muffler and left it like that. The headers, cat, and all the bends plus I added piping to run it out the tail, and I bought a baffle to put in it. They all should add a little back pressure and the baffle should do a decent amount for back pressure and making a it a little less obnoxious :) thank you all for the advise it game me a few more angles to look at this situation.