Rough Idle

PhotoAl

Reaction score
Visit site
After replacing the voltage regulator and stator the bike started missing at low RPM. Off idle throttle response can be very bad. Above 3,000RPM the bike runs great. Lifted the tank, poked aroung and re-arranged some stuff. Bike ran great, miss gone. Parked it for a week and problem is back!!! Poked around and could not fix this time. Checked the TPS values on the display and they range from 16 to 102. The TPS was replaced under the recall long ago.

Could I be having TPS issues cause it sounds like those symptoms but the "error" on the readings is at the high end and not the low end where the idle position is.

Thoughts?

Update: rode the bike to work on Monday and left it in the parking deck (with gate and guard) while I was out of town. Rode home today. The idle was pretty bad on the way to work. Today when I left it was pretty bad as well. About 2/3 of the way home it started acting right. Idled perfectly when I got home and after sitting for 45 minutes or so it started and idled for several minutes without any problems. I diid fill it up on the way to work Monday but the gas in it was not that old. Thinking it is a TPS connector issue or maybe the TPS just needs to be adjusted. Aggravating and need to get to the bottom so I can sell the bike - maybe it doesn't want to go.

Last edited: