Cherry BOMB glass pack muffler!

Billhockey1993

Reaction score
Visit site
I was recently thinking of some cheap exhaust ideas to hold me off until I save for a actual slip on. Originally was thinking of going straight pipe until I was told not enough back pressure and too loud... My goal is to have something as loud as a slip on with no baffles..SO finally I decided that I want to cut off the stock muffler and weld a cherry bomb glass pack muffler I had laying around to it. It would be a single muffler out the back. Alos I would cut it right were the pipe meets the stock muffler so I wouldn't have to find a way to hang it. The glass pack has a free flowing straight through design with very little sound baffle, so hopefully will be louder than stock but not as loud as straight pipe. What does evwryone think of this idea? Any issues with this plan or ideas to make it better? Thought I should get some opinions first. THANKS!

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I was recently thinking of some cheap exhaust ideas to hold me off until I save for a actual slip on. Originally was thinking of going straight pipe until I was told not enough back pressure and too loud... My goal is to have something as loud as a slip on with no baffles..SO finally I decided that I want to cut off the stock muffler and weld a cherry bomb glass pack muffler I had laying around to it. It would be a single muffler out the back. Alos I would cut it right were the pipe meets the stock muffler so I wouldn't have to find a way to hang it. The glass pack has a free flowing straight through design with very little sound baffle, so hopefully will be louder than stock but not as loud as straight pipe. What does evwryone think of this idea? Any issues with this plan or ideas to make it better? Thought I should get some opinions first. THANKS!
http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-general-discussion/47698-phrank2k11-custom-exhaust-plans.html

D

Dave.TX

I preferred the quieter stock exhaust. Bike ran just fine with it. Didn't notice any power reduction going from a Leo Vince (unbaffled) loud exhaust to stock. But then I'm old.

rodman

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey man, I ran into the same problem so i got a pair of jardine slip ons. i think they are for atvs. Mt buddy gave them to me but you can find them cheap online. what i'm getting at is find the cheapest set of cans you can and only hook one up. i bought some big hose clamps to hold on the cans and i bought some flexpipe to go from the old pipe to the muffler. the other one is there just for show. i got the cans for free and spent $25 in parts to custom mount them.
It sounds great. and my 2 cents, straight piped sounds terrible! i tried it.

Cameronhall

Reaction score
Visit site
Save your money and your time. Soon enough someone will have what you want for cheap and post it in the classifieds. Just be patient it'll pay off. You may make a change or a weld you cant fix.

Billhockey1993

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a 24inch glasspack laying around do you think it's possible to get the angle right to be able to fit that in the place of the stock muffler? I'm sure I'd have to cut the pipe leading up to it a little short and would probably have to bend the pipe leading up to it a little. Also I would be using just one muffler compared to duals. Would the longer glasspack be louder or quieter?

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have a 24inch glasspack laying around do you think it's possible to get the angle right to be able to fit that in the place of the stock muffler? I'm sure I'd have to cut the pipe leading up to it a little short and would probably have to bend the pipe leading up to it a little. Also I would be using just one muffler compared to duals. Would the longer glasspack be louder or quieter?

Idk, finding out is what modding is all about:thumbup:

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
I like your enthusiasm, I've always been the type of person who says "why buy what I can build" that being said after making my own exhaust http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-mods/40828-machine-gun-exhaust.html The best advise I can give if your dead set on doing this is remove your stock muffler so you can see exactly how the pipe is routed, and lengths of different things. I can't remember the exact dimensions but I'm pretty sure if you want to put a 24" glass pack on it you will have about 6-10" sticking out past the end of the bike, in other words you need a shorter one.

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
^^ I'd say your dead on there Chev. 24 is a gonna look funny hangin out the back!

OP - a new GP is cheap! So grab one and put your own ends on it. The stock pipe is roughly 1.75" OD, while the muff is 15.5" long from the pipe weld to the tip. << Don't ask me why I know this. Also OEM muff is roughly 3.5" thick so the OD for cheery bomb over 4" OD might be kinda tight.