Leather Pants Stretch

MarinaFazer

Wonderbread
Reaction score
www.jwci.org
Hey guys,

I'm new to the forum and I did searches and what not, but couldn't find anything about leather stretch with leather pants. So I got some Alpinestars, second hand, but they are about 2 inches too short at the bottom. The knees fit where they should, but they feel all around pretty tight. They were previously worn twice before I got them. The waist fits fine.

Will these pants get more comfortable as the leather adjusts to my height or what can I expect? Will they always be on the "too snug" side, because any others are bigger in other areas so this was the fit i got.

I hope that was clear enough haha, any ideas?

W

wrightme43

Most leather pants are made short to fit inside racing boots. If they are too short to fit inside racing boots they are to small for you. Thats all I know to tell you.

Welcome to the site.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys,

I'm new to the forum and I did searches and what not, but couldn't find anything about leather stretch with leather pants. So I got some Alpinestars, second hand, but they are about 2 inches too short at the bottom. The knees fit where they should, but they feel all around pretty tight. They were previously worn twice before I got them. The waist fits fine.

Will these pants get more comfortable as the leather adjusts to my height or what can I expect? Will they always be on the "too snug" side, because any others are bigger in other areas so this was the fit i got.

I hope that was clear enough haha, any ideas?

Hi and welcome! Yes leathers will soften and stretch a bit as you wear them more. As far as length you are out of luck I'm afraid.

MarinaFazer

Wonderbread
Reaction score
www.jwci.org
They'll definately fit in boots...ones that go up to the calf. I look ridiculous right now with my hiking boots because you can see my black socks haha

better safer than stylish right?

W

wrightme43

LOL yep.

Hook up on some racing boots and they will be perfect.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yea, a nice pair of AlpineStars or Sidis and you will be stylin'!

OneTrack

Reaction score
Visit site
I have the opposite problem when buying motorcycling pants....they're usually too long. (I'm 5'8" and 175 lbs, with a 29" inseam). Although a 36" waist size would be more comfortable, I usually have to buy 34" waist to get the shorter leg length.
Knee and shin guards aren't much use if they're down around my ankles...
Oh...and to answer the OP's question, yes...leather pants will stretch to fit (within reason), and become a lot more comfortable. First time I tried to get on my bike wearing my leather pants, I couldn't get my leg over the saddle the leather was so stiff. Now the leather is so supple I can vault on like Errol Flynn getting on a horse. :D

keira

Mrs. Reiobard
Reaction score
Visit site
wear those pants as often as humanly possible and they will stretch faster. I literally took a nap in my one-peice suit when I got it so that it would stretch and conform faster. I woke up really gross and sweaty, but they fit pretty well after that. I have also heard a quick hop in the shower with them on (and then wearing them until they are dry) works well, too....if you can stand wet leather.