Question about TwoBros inserts

cpolson.cp

Reaction score
Visit site
I currently have TwoBros carbonfiber cans on my FZ w/o inserts. I love the sound, but often it seems too loud. Can any of you speak as to how noticable the difference in sound is between the cans w/o inserts, the cans with P1 inserts, and the cans with P1-X inserts? I am thinking purchase either the P1s or P1-Xs, i just don't know if its worth it. :rockon:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
In order for you to really hear a marked reduction in sound pressure you want the P1-X insert. Yes it makes a difference!

If you track the bike where you'll be pushing it hard, it's suggested to remove them... :)

Oh Yeah! :welcome: to our awesome forum!!!!

Last edited:

Yasko

Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome:From Texas... I have the P1s and they are still loud.:cheer::rockon: You may want to go with the P1-X.:thumbup:

Vust123

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a pair of P1s’s for sale, I had them in my bike and they are a little quitter but I like the loudness of mine, Id sell them for $25.

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
What was that I couldn't hear you! :spank: Welcome to the forum. I have the DB killers out of my Leo Vince and it's really not too bad. I've heard the two bros is definitly louder than mine.

shamrocker

Reaction score
joshisingreenville.blogspot.com
I put the P1X inserts in when I first installed the exhaust, so I can't really speak for a difference, but the bike is just loud enough to keep me entertained. I could maybe see myself moving up to the P1's some day, but I don't think it's necessary. $.02.

shamrocker

Reaction score
joshisingreenville.blogspot.com
I have a pair of P1s’s for sale, I had them in my bike and they are a little quitter but I like the loudness of mine, Id sell them for $25.

Honestly, I would recommend the OP try out the P1's first for that price. You'll have no trouble reselling them if you decide they're still too loud. :thumbup: I think I paid $70 for my P1X's.

NorCal FZ6

Just some dude
Reaction score
Visit site
I went with the P1X tips. Just to have both ends of the audible spectrum. A bit pricy, but there cool. definitely quieter.:thumbup:

pookamatic

Reaction score
Visit site
Both sets came with my bike. I rode all last year with the stock exhaust due to inspection requirements (fender eliminator) and laziness.

Just got the TB back on with P1-X and the drone is still a bit loud. Will take some getting used to. Love the sound, and like being heard though. I'd also be willing to part with my P1s as well.

cpolson.cp

Reaction score
Visit site
Well, I bought some P1-Xs, but haven't installed them. I recently moved to Belgium, where drivers seem to be way less cautious of people on bikes, as well as just other motorists on the road. Long story short, after interacting with some drivers who'ld rather almost hit me, then yield to me, I have decided to keep my inserts out, just so I can pull the clutch get on the throttle (just to piss them off) :Flip: