New FZ6 member from Minnesnowta

LeeFZ

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello everybody, my name is Lee. I just go the FZ6 this winter, 2009 model. I can't wait to open the throttle on the open road. This is the video i captured yesterday since it's 40'F. I used to ride KLR650. I had it for 2 years, and now i loved it. It's gonna be new experience on the sport bike. I'd like to meet you guys in the summer time and ride.

This is the video: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIfv6pmw2QU]2009 Yamaha FZ6 first rolling - YouTube[/ame]

Lee FZ :D

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome Lee! :welcome:

What part of Minnesnowta? I have family in Truman and Blue Earth.

LeeFZ

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks guys, I live in the twins city. what you guys do in the winter time? I don't like winter. It's boring after Christmas. You know i would put stud tires on my bike and go spinning but it's illegal here.

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
what you guys do in the winter time? I don't like winter.
As long as the roads are dry and its above 26 (below that and my faceshield frosts up) I keep riding. There are some advantages to winter riding:
a. No scraping mosquito guts off your helmet, windshield, etc every day,
b. You're not dripping with sweat when you get to work,
c. My winter riding boots are dead sexay!
d. Even the Harley guys wave at you, in the winter. From the bus stops.
e. Cops wave at you and, I think, are more lenient.
f. You're guaranteed a photo in the local paper with your MC ski rack.
g. There is no "g"

Its also a good time to catch up on MC magazines, the MotoGP videos, bookmarking catalogs with mod ideas, installing mod ideas, paying off mod ideas, and (you're in MN, right?) dusting off the sled! :rockon:

chugach-mountain-cliff-drop_6577.jpg

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Okay, I guess that last picture doesn't look too much like Minnesnowta. How's this?

moose_attacks_snowmobiler.jpg

:D :D :D

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome:to this great forum and membership Lee!

Nice FZ6 and I like those tail bags! :)

Last edited:

PhotoAl

Reaction score
Visit site
Nice bike, you will enjoy it! I ride year round and only stop for lightning, snow/ice or temps below 26. Run the Michelin PR2 and PR3 tires and they work very nicely in the cold and wet.

One of the nice things about Alabama, it snowed for a few hours Thursday, then stopped and the sun came out. Everyone panicked and went home early. Drive home was nice and quite and the roads were only wet! Took me a 25 minutes to get home instead of 30 minutes! Those who panicked took a couple of hours to get home!!! :) Today it was 59 and all the Harley riders were out. When it is cold or wet everyone who is out waves doesn't matter what kind of bike there on. I wave to everyone all the time, even when I'm on my Honda Metropolitain.

JSMITH18

Reaction score
Visit site
I just bought my first rocket! 2006 FZ6 i am from Blue Earth MN, Can't wait til she hits 30* so i can go ride!

PhotoAl

Reaction score
Visit site
JSMITH18, congrats on the bike, so you have the supposed faster red! My FZ6 is blue and my new bike is red and it is faster!!!!!

How long till it hits 30? It was cold this morning - 30 when I left for work.

dpaul007

Reaction score
Visit site
Two new guys from MN! Sweet! Jsmith, what's your real name? I graduated from B.E. and just wondering if you're someone I graduated with.

Edit: found your name in your thread, don't recognize the name.

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:

LeeFZ

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks guys and PHOTOAI. I'm lovin the bike so far. I'm working on handlebar riser to make the bike a little more comfortable to ride. BTW, I'm going to The First Thursday of the month rally in MSRP today. I'll post some pics latter. :rockon:

Clay350

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Lee,

Im in the same boat as you. Same bike same city. Just set mine up for touring as well. Do you live in woodburry by chance? I thought I saw that bike the other day.

locogringojc

Reaction score
Visit site
Word. This is my first Post XO! Anyways names James. Got my '06 FZ6 (Red) last year. She rocks. Looking for locals to ride with, never actually ridden with someone near my age sadly enough. I'm 24 years old and live in Apple Valley, but I'm in Hastings every weekday. From my experiences thus far WI has the better riding than MN. Lemme know if you wanna ride sometime.-James

LeeFZ

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi clay, No I don't live in Woodberry, but I was going through there last weekend with my dad in the 1800 Gold Wing.