Homemade straight pipe?

Billhockey1993

Reaction score
Visit site
I was think of taking something around 1 1/2 inch flex pipe starting right after the cat and running it under the tail (the same route the stock exhaust does) but with no muffler. This would be very cheap to make an probably wouldn't take much skill but my question is would this make enough back pressure or would I lose power due to not enough back pressure?
Thank you.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
IMHO, I definitly wouldn't go that route.

It'll eliminate any back pressure and look pretty bad... I'd be very concerned about it moving about while underway and when hot, melting some other nearby plastic parts.. It most likely will sound terrible...

If you just want the bike a little louder with spending the $, there's numerous threads re drilling out the stock muffler with decent results.

Do a search, I believe there's a better and safer route to attain, (what I assume), is a louder exhaust system.

Billhockey1993

Reaction score
Visit site
IMHO, I definitly wouldn't go that route.

It'll eliminate any back pressure and look pretty bad... I'd be very concerned about it moving about while underway and when hot, melting some other nearby plastic parts.. It most likely will sound terrible...

If you just want the bike a little louder with spending the $, there's numerous threads re drilling out the stock muffler with decent results.

Do a search, I believe there's a better and safer route to attain, (what I assume), is a louder exhaust system.

Yea you are probably right. I didn't think of a way to hang it so it won't melt anything. Thank you.

Gelvatron

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Check your local Craigslist for fz6 bikes with aftermarket cans on them send them an email to buy their cans that could be a good route for you

FZ09Bandit

�� Paramedic ��
Reaction score
Visit site
Before I got my Amazing two bro exhaust. I took my stockers off and ran for 1day. And it was so g;,da;; loud and brain hurting... It's just awful. Try that and you will understand. I promise.

It sounded literally like Armageddon. Like the world was literally about to endt. I don't know how to describe the GWAR as it rattles your insides and blows up your spleen.

FZ09Bandit

�� Paramedic ��
Reaction score
Visit site
I think I killed two cats just going around the block. Little children ran from me. Inside my helmet my ears kept screaming what???????!!!!! And I think I pooped a little bit :) you could probably set alarms off from 4 miles away. Atleast.

Sigh, it's time for bed

But the two bro..... When you finally install and wrap it in the atmosphere at 64mph and 14 thousand RPM!!it sounds like a Star Wars blaster PEW PEW PEW! Right to the moon.

Last edited:

stink989

Reaction score
Visit site
I think I killed two cats just going around the block. Little children ran from me. Inside my helmet my ears kept screaming what???????!!!!! And I think I pooped a little bit :) you could probably set alarms off from 4 miles away. Atleast.

Sigh, it's time for bed

But the two bro..... When you finally install and wrap it in the atmosphere at 64mph and 14 thousand RPM!!it sounds like a Star Wars blaster PEW PEW PEW! Right to the moon.
Don't do drugs kids!
Haha sounds like someone was a little hyper with that one!

NorCal FZ6

Just some dude
Reaction score
Visit site
Ahh one of those Enotsyek moments..... You may you may not.. Or you'll gain on one end of the power range and lose on the other. The only way to ultimately tell is dyno with or without the straight pipe. as for loudness it's loud... But it's no V-Rod with a Thunder header. It does sound cool. To each his own, but I wouldn't do it. To much of a unfinished look with two big empty holes on the back of the bike under the seat. Just my .02 cents.

Last edited:

gottherim4

Reaction score
Visit site
Check your local Craigslist for fz6 bikes with aftermarket cans on them send them an email to buy their cans that could be a good route for you

I imagine for the right deal you would be willing to travel a bit to find the pipes? If so, looking at just your local craigslist can be a pain, because you might miss a great find 10 miles further than craigslist gives you. Use
SearchTempest Online Classifieds Search - All the Classifieds. One Search. Searchtempest lets you look through all craigslist results within a certain radius from your zip code. Searchtempest helped me find my fz6 50 miles away.