r6 micron exhaust

fazerset2kill

Reaction score
Visit site
any suggestions on how to mount/ attatch a micron high mount exhaust on the side of my 2005 fz6
3Gf3M63I45Ie5G75F1d13b0f7fb9ea2421ed5.jpg

Xavias

Shenanigans.
Reaction score
Visit site
Umm... No offense, but why exactly? The FZ6 already has undertail exhaust so you don't really need high mount side exhausts...

fazerset2kill

Reaction score
Visit site
i can get it for 80 and i want it to be louder so i dont get ran over.
Its a posibility. nothing for sure. i just cant afford a aftermarket exhaust.

Xavias

Shenanigans.
Reaction score
Visit site
Ahh, okay. If you're really good at making custom mounts and such, you might be able to do it... Or if you know someone who is. But remember, loud pipes don't actually save lives. (I'm actually serious on that one.)

I mean, I went with the two bros exhaust on mine because I like the sound. But I think this might be more trouble than it's worth...

2old2ride

Reaction score
Visit site
Being loud won't save you. Not sure where that urban legend got started.
What will save you is staying alert. A high SA (situational awarness). Keep your head on a swivle. Always. Learn when to look and when to see.
You don't need to know trhat the object closing at your 7 o'clock is a '04 red putzmobile, you just need to know something is closing. Learn your threat zones. Something at 6 o'clock going 40 MPH is not a threat if you are going 60 mph. But the back of your mind needs to know something is there just in case you have to slow down or it speeds up. Then it is part of your threat zone and you need to keep tabs on it. Ears are usefull. Remember when riding in traffic, you only have 2 eyes. You can be surrounded by vehicles, which on a 3 lane road can mean 8 threats. How do you watch 8 things with 2 eyes? You can't so you get help from your ears.
If you like the sound, great. I bought my FZ6 because it has 2 brothers M4 carbons on it and I fell in love with the sound. But don't fool yourself into thinking you are safer because you are loud.

red06

Reaction score
Visit site
you could cut your stock muffler off keep the pipes and possibly fit the micron under the tail you would be the first one to try

fazerset2kill

Reaction score
Visit site
i have never had the misconception that anything make a bike safe. Its other people that conscern me. But you will walk out in front of a prius in a parking lot before a harly. There is no argument there

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
i have never had the misconception that anything make a bike safe. Its other people that conscern me. But you will walk out in front of a prius in a parking lot before a harly. There is no argument there

My that's big can in that picture up top!!

^^ Been there done that! Stealth Electric Yoder almost took me out!

You need to find a friend who can weld stainless steel. It's not all that hard and it welds nice once REAL CLEAN, but you'll need to chop off your stock header and turn it to the side - so there is a bit of commitment there. fleebay can undo it or fleebay an R6 header to chop on?? It would be best if you found a rubber mounted eyelet and can make a perch and bracket. Start looking at how its done on other bikes and get some plans, parts, drawings going and it can be done.

4drfocus

Rurouni
Reaction score
Visit site
Don't bother with trying to fit an R6 high mount exhaust, it's not worth the time and labor, what you should do is go around to the local muffler shops and see who welds stainless steel and has the best price, I'm saying this cause here in my town the muffler guy sells louvered glsspacks for $25 each, makes Y pipes for $40, brackets & welding $40, for another $20-40 he'll weld on some ss tips of you're choice, so for $100-150 you can have a custom undertail exhaust with the option of using the oem plastic cover, some food for thought........

Marthy

Reaction score
Visit site
Wanna go 6R style? I have a Dekevic you can mount midship. That will get you notice! You will need a fuel controller with that set up... much more than just swapping exhaust can.

EDIT:

I have a R6 mid pipe too. Can include it in the deal...

D

Deleted member 17211

any suggestions on how to mount/ attatch a micron high mount exhaust on the side of my 2005 fz6
3Gf3M63I45Ie5G75F1d13b0f7fb9ea2421ed5.jpg

You will need to fab up your own mounts and make sure it doesn't conflict with your existing hardware.

Being loud won't save you. Not sure where that urban legend got started.

Harley riders that felt the need to justify louder exhausts many decades ago. I have more respect for the riders who say "I like to be an obnoxious a-hole" than "Loud pipes save lives" because it's a myth.

Not to say that's the case, there's nothing wrong with just liking a loud exhaust. But I'd rather hear the above than a BS justification.

BamBam

Reaction score
Visit site
First off I won't add what everyone else has said about loud pipes because i don't want to sound like an echo....

Second, if money is an issue than think about drilling out your pipes.

It gives it a bit deeper of a sound.

Personally, i'm just saving for a two bros and the P1X inserts.