Confirming Ohlins springs.

maikeru

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey everyone,

I found a set of ohlins fork springs that was said to fit the FZ6.

I just wanted to make sure it is before I go ahead and buy them.

The guy said the springs are .90kg and serial no. is 09693-90/L028.

But from my understanding going by the ohlins site they only made .80 and .85 springs for our bikes at the moment.

I've google and searched high and low the best I can and nothing really comes up for that serial no.

If someone can confirm that would be awesome.

Cheers,
Mike.

Ssky0078

Reaction score
Visit site
I don't know if the Ohlins springs are different than the Racetech, but the Racetech have a calculator on their website that will allow you to check the spring rating for your weight with gear and bike weight.

I think the factory spring in the Fz6 is 0.87 kg/mm, depending on the year. So the 0.90 might really not be that much of a difference.

PFD023

Reaction score
Visit site
I thought our factory springs were .77kg/mm.
As far as the Ohlins.....I'd just call them and confirm.

iSteve

Reaction score
www.flickr.com
The factory springs are progressive probably 77 to 87 doesn't matter it's a poor compromise. Progressive springs work best in longer travel suspension or with a smaller range. 90's should work great unless you're over 210 lbs or if you always ride really fast on really smooth roads.

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have the Ohlins and (ME BAD) have not installed them yet. I've had them for a couple of years. I got the heavier ones but would have to check the box for the spring rate. I do plan on installing this winter/spring. I would just call Ohlin. I have talked to them a couple of times and they are very helpfull.

maikeru

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the help guys.

I ended up just buying the ohlins springs. Guess I'll have to wait and see how it goes. When it comes time to install.

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
0.77kg/mm to 1.25 kg/mm stock IIRC. What do you weigh? With proper damping, 0.88 works great!