Decibel level

outasight20

Reaction score
Visit site
All the aftermarket exhausts are loud. The difference between the quietest and the loudest is not that large. I know that the TB's are one of the loudest ones. But I had a Scorpion system and without the baffles in it was loud. Loud enough to become annoying on longer rides without earplugs.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome:to this great forum!

I'm guessing Google is your friend at this point because I see you're looking for Devil slip-ons and I don't know anyone who's measures db on these cans (except law enforcement) and I've never noticed a spec. from the manufacturers. I know Two Brothers advise their cans are for race which I guess releases them from legal binding when some one would like to go to court about noise. :)

Last edited:

Billhockey1993

Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome:to this great forum!

I'm guessing Google is your friend at this point because I see you're looking for Devil slip-ons and I don't know anyone who's measures db on these cans (except law enforcement) and I've never noticed a spec. from the manufacturers. I know Two Brothers advice their cans are for race which I guess releases them from legal binding when some one would like to go to court about noise. :)

And also I've been On google a lot looking for devil slip ons (sound really deep and agresive) but can't find the for sale with US currency.

greg

UK Luchador
Reaction score
Visit site
dB at what RPM and distance?

sound level measuring is a highly contentious amoung UK track goers, there can be quite a big different in readings depending on engine temp, surroundings, weather etc.

I can say that my leo vince is below 102dB with the baffles in at 7k rpm measured at 45 degress and 0.5m from the exhaust ;)

can't remember if I tested it with them out, i thought they were louder than my CBR with it's baffles out, but it turns out that's over 102dB at 7k rpm...

Billhockey1993

Reaction score
Visit site
dB at what RPM and distance?

sound level measuring is a highly contentious amoung UK track goers, there can be quite a big different in readings depending on engine temp, surroundings, weather etc.

I can say that my leo vince is below 102dB with the baffles in at 7k rpm measured at 45 degress and 0.5m from the exhaust ;)

can't remember if I tested it with them out, i thought they were louder than my CBR with it's baffles out, but it turns out that's over 102dB at 7k rpm...

How does your leo vince sound in your opinion? and That's true there is a lot of factors involved with testing, and also the actual steps they use in testing. Thanks though.

greg

UK Luchador
Reaction score
Visit site
I like them, they give it a bit of soul, they also sounds awesome when the engine starts popping. I don't know if they have got louder, or I'm used to wearing earplugs, but they seem quite loud now with the baffles in. They passed through the MOT just fine though, despite the ground shaking a little in the test station :D

In terms of sound though I don't think they are as nice as a v twin or even my (now dead) cbr600rr

summerb37

Reaction score
Visit site
Reading the comments at the following links may be of help.

http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-...ecibel-loudness-aftermarket-while-riding.html

http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-...terial-sounds-better-aftermarket-exhaust.html

From my experience, wind noise at highway speed is just as loud, if not louder, than my LV aftermarket exhaust when baffled. Without the baffle, the LV exhaust is slightly loud than wind noise at highway speeds, so earplugs are needed for sure because the accumulated noise is too much over long distance. That being said, I really like the baffles out when city riding because everyone hears you coming. It makes riding in the city slightly safer. However, if I was going to travel/tour, I would put the baffles back in.

Last edited: