Motorcycle Rider Fatality

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Got the news today that one of the engineers in my wife's department died from loosing it in a turn and having a head-on with traffic on Dec 23rd.

Motorcyclist Killed After Colliding with Pickup Truck | San Diego 6 | Local News

This is so sad because the company she works for is so family orientated and we feel so close to all the employees in her dept.

I'll bet more people die in this type of motorcycle accident than any other type.

I'm sure this was a result of Survival Reaction (SR) in a turn.

Very sad news for Lisa to go back to at work after a great holiday.

Please friends/members. If you don't know this, practice how you'll behave when in a turn that you are too hot in! Lean the bike and chances you'll be through the turn. Brakes are going to stand the bike up and you will be way off course!

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
"Easy does it" could/should be practiced more, maybe. Doesn't always have to be but sometimes I think it's better to go in too slow and then, later, think about going in leaner (now, if I, myself, can practice that...). Why push it?

trepetti

It's all good!
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Gentlemen, Ladies....what we do is dangerous. These sad stories are meaningless if they don't make us reflect on our own selves...how we ride, where we ride, when we ride.

My condolences to friends and family.

PhotoAl

Reaction score
Visit site
RIP and prayers to all.

Thanks for posting up, I appreciate you taking the time to remind us all of the danger but more importantly to stop and think about how we would react. I've had a couple of situations where I had to instantly recall the message and instruction to "crank on the bars and trust the tires". I'm old but always trying to learn how to ride smarter and better.

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
very sad to read.

My condolences to friends and family and a salient point about riding awareness and responses.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner and it works every time !