Brake rotor compatibility?

elwood206

Reaction score
Visit site
I was gettin a funny clicking the was related to speed coming from the font end, seemed to be coming from a brake caliper. I have done the R6 fork swap, so I figured 04 R6 brakes would fit too (alot easier to find, cheaper).
not so much :mad: , they are almost an inch wider in circumference.
Ive got a nice set of used R6 rotors if anyone needs some now.

Anyone know if brakes from any other year R6 will fit? or am I stuck trying to find actual FZ6 rotors?

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm a little confused by your post but the rotors should have been the same in 2004. '03/'04 and R6S rotors should work IIRC.

oso2K has a full R6/FZ6 compatibility spreadsheet linked in his signature line...you should check it out.

elwood206

Reaction score
Visit site
The R6 rotors I bought "YAMAHA R6 S model front brake rotors 03 04 05 2006 2007" dont fit, they are wider, (not thicker) than the stock FZ6 rotors by at least 1"

Thanks for the tip on the compatibility sheet, ill check it out.

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
someone probably sold you something that was labeled wrong...eBay? They are probably off an R1 or I could be wrong but I doubt it.

I am using FZ6 rotors with R6S forks and R6 brakes...for this to work, all three bikes must have had the same OEM rotors...the wheels are all definitely the same.

*shrug*

If any event, you should figure out what you're working with before selling them to someone else. If the seller sent you the wrong thing, send them back!