Battery Problems on my Yamaha FZ6

mfhmme75

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Guys :),

This is my first post here in the forums, i got the Yamaha FZ6 2005 model yesterday, and everything was going good until i tried to turn it on again this morning where the battery was dead, i took it to an electrician and he changed a burnt wire that supplies the battery, BUT, when I have high headlights on, the bike's battery gains drained SUPER fast, wouldn't start up twice, not having any other problems when low headlights are on only, any insight ?

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
There seems to be an outbreak of charging issues lately.

How old is your battery? If it's old, a mechanic or a good auto-parts store should be able to load-test it for you.

Check voltage while bike is off, before you go to sleep and then check it in the morning. Is it dropping?

When the bike is idling, voltage should be over 13. When you bring the RPM's up to 4k or more, it should read 14.

Once we have the answers to above, we'll be able to give you more help.

Typically it's one of 3 things: battery / stator / (regulator/rectifier).

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Guys :),

This is my first post here in the forums, i got the Yamaha FZ6 2005 model yesterday, and everything was going good until i tried to turn it on again this morning where the battery was dead, i took it to an electrician and he changed a burnt wire that supplies the battery, BUT, when I have high headlights on, the bike's battery gains drained SUPER fast, wouldn't start up twice, not having any other problems when low headlights are on only, any insight ?

:welcome: To the forum! And +1 on the above posts

Last edited: