how to duel headlight and hook up projections at the same time

kevincomanche14680

Reaction score
Visit site
So I just got my headlights in and have been tinkering witht he wiring trying to get the headlights to function like stock lights. I have been trying to get the high and lows to work as well as have both the left and right function together. very difficult because i do not know what wire to cut into in the harness leading up to the hi/low switch. In the photos below you will see a green cut wire and a yellow cut wire in the harness. I looked online and saw that the wire I would tie the right light (if you are sitting on the bike) to would be a green wire with orange dots, my bike (2008 fz6) does not have that wire, so I opened up the hi/low switch cover and saw a yellow, green, and blue with black like wire. I assumed off of the position these wires were that yellow was low, black blue was ground (this was the wire in the middle) and then green was high.

I have tried many options and am just getting a headache from time lost, loss of wire and insulated connections wasted in the confusion. Please help me.:confused:

Pictures below:

2012-12-06_14-12-06_841.jpg

blue wire high beam white wire low beam both from hid lights yellow wire ties into yellow and black wire from stock wire harness where stock headlight was. (I cut off the stock relay that the stock bulbs tied into, too bulky)

2012-12-06_14-11-37_614.jpg

yellow and green wires i tried to tie into blue wires from hids even tried them on the white wires from hids
2012-12-06_14-10-29_243.jpg

Last edited:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
So I just got my headlights in and have been tinkering witht he wiring trying to get the headlights to function like stock lights. I have been trying to get the high and lows to work as well as have both the left and right function together. very difficult because i do not know what wire to cut into in the harness leading up to the hi/low switch. In the photos below you will see a green cut wire and a yellow cut wire in the harness. I looked online and saw that the wire I would tie the right light (if you are sitting on the bike) to would be a green wire with orange dots, my bike (2008 fz6) does not have that wire, so I opened up the hi/low switch cover and saw a yellow, green, and blue with black like wire. I assumed off of the position these wires were that yellow was low, black blue was ground (this was the wire in the middle) and then green was high.

I have tried many options and am just getting a headache from time lost, loss of wire and insulated connections wasted in the confusion. Please help me.:confused:

I live in Mira Mesa. I can help you. :p What part of SD are you in?

I'm sending you a PM...