Help! Headlight won't turn on

why_not_Zoidberg?

Reaction score
Visit site
Original problem - headlights, turn signals (indicators, flashers, etc) stopped working while I was riding last weekend. I replaced/swapped out the fuses trying to figure out what went where, and the one that is separate from the rest (labeled 'tail') was burned out. I replaced it, and the signals/flashers/indicators for them worked. That leaves the headlight issue.

So. Headlight/highbeam/indicator are not working. I swapped out/looked at all the fuses, nothing seems wrong there. That leads me to thinking I have a bad ground. Anyone know where the ground is located, how hard it is to get to, or if I'm heading in the wrong direction?

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
First thing that many forget is you have to start the bike to have the headlamps on.
Pull the lamps and make sure the filaments are good.

You should be able to tell whether you lost the ground by pulling off the headlamp plug and measuring resistance between the black wire and the chassis or engine metal. Pick a stainless steel screw or bolt head.

Here is a recent trouble shoot we've been working on but haven't heard back yet. There is some good info here and depending on your experience and understanding you should be able to get to the problem and fix it. :)

http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-electrical/47037-please-help-me-troubleshoot-headlights.html

why_not_Zoidberg?

Reaction score
Visit site
Everything is working again! I uh...for some reason thought the headlights should be on without the bike on:ban:

Turn signals were fixed with a new fuse.

Boy do I feel silly...haha at least I got to ride last weekend!

Thanks for your replies moto