Women's leather jacket?

Bren

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Gals!

Do you have any tips about a good leather jacket for driving? My Alpinestars Stella Dyno is still in very good shape, but it feels too big (I've lost some weight lately). I'm looking for a snug fit and bearable colors. A pink is a no-no. Any idea about a good make and model designed for women?

Thanks!

fz6xlr8r

Reaction score
Visit site
Okay Bren, I know I'm not a gal but I was looking on "ebay" for some ideas on a new leather jacket just to see what was cool looking( My textile jacket is great but the leather jackets have so much more style.) Anyway, as I was looking I saw a lot of nice womens jackets with armor by "Joe Rocket","Icon"and others that might be what your looking for.(NO PINK)Hope this helps.:thumbup:

S

sportrider

I think I saw a shift jacket "girly" cut or it may have been icon, I don't remember witch but it was PINK!!!:Flip::justkidding:

Bren

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks guys! Interesting colours on those Icon jackets. The models looked good.

Too bad A-stars don't have right now what I'm looking for. It could be useful to have the ability to attach the pants to the jacket. I don't think the zippers match in different makes.

Here's one I like. If only those blue parts were darker.

S

sportrider

I looked through a catalog I have and chaparral has some pretty good looking womens jackets Joe Rocket makes " gold digger jacket" its listed for $206.99
Power Trip has the "Stiletto jacket" $179.99
you said you already have an Alpinestars jacket but the "Stella 7-2 jacket" is $359.99
you can look online at Women's Street Apparel - Chaparral Motorsports

Last edited by a moderator:

Bren

Reaction score
Visit site
Oh, I just love that FirstGear Vixen jacket. Thanks for the link. :rockon:

Roadstergal

Reaction score
Visit site
I did a lot of research on jackets before settling on the Teknic Violator. I wanted a perforated leather jacket with good, solid construction and good armor. The Violator is well-made, thick, and has Knox CE armor in all of the necessary places. Even the back pad is better than the foam plug most manufacturers stick in (although I always yank the built-in back protection in favor of my Dainese Wave). It's cool in warm weather, and thanks to the removable thermal liner that I keep stashed in my saddlebag, it's warm in cool weather.

slyd481.jpg

Trncaba

Reaction score
Visit site
Hubby has all blacl or black and red. I am not the matchy type soo. Soomething that says girl but not to girl and of course the most important is protection!
Trina

Bren

Reaction score
Visit site
Today I was riding with my friend and we ended up circling around in one city centre trying to find a parking space. From some bus stop we passed by two women (not exactly ladies...) shouted at us "Hey boys, why don't you take us on a ride!" Boys?!? Boys!!! Hmph.

I don't think my textile jacked is girly enough...

pottie

Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Me and my wife been looking around for winter gear as well
At the moment we both have Alpinestar for Summer...
I think she ll try SPIDI JACKET for winter time...
Seems like she prefer SPIDI Leather over Alpinestar, they re both are good quality with good deal compare to DAINESE....
I found this website with pretty good deal for SPIDI here below if you like to check it out...happy hunting...
Motonation: The USA home of Sidi motorcycle boots, Spidi apparel and Vemar helmets.

Roadstergal

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a waterproof Cortech LRX jacket for the wintertime. Good stuff with good armor and solid abrasion protection. I also have waterproof over-boot Frank Thomas pants with hip padding and knee armor (not pictured) and Racer Multitop waterproof gloves.

For cool weather, I just zip the thermal liner into my Teknic.

ng7bfc.jpg

Mary Claire

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Gals!

Do you have any tips about a good leather jacket for driving? My Alpinestars Stella Dyno is still in very good shape, but it feels too big (I've lost some weight lately). I'm looking for a snug fit and bearable colors. A pink is a no-no. Any idea about a good make and model designed for women?

Thanks!

A brown colored jacket like this one may help you:
Ladies Short Barbour Newmarket Wax Jacket
It is a sort of ladies versatile stylish jacket. Hope you like it.

keira

Mrs. Reiobard
Reaction score
Visit site
I have recently become a fan of how Shift fits, but I am not familiar with their leather selection...only textile. You will have to try on a bunch of different brands, as you have probably changed shape, and therefore need a different fit than before. I am broad-shouldered and small-busted (well, I was before baby showed up!!) and find that Powertrip, Shift and Cortech fit well. Joe Rocket is too big in the bust, too tight in the shoulders. Good luck!!

moopie

Reaction score
Visit site
I have this jacket and I really like it. It fits snug, keeps me warm, and isn't so long in the waist that it bunches up when getting on the bike. The only down side is that there's no armor. It's also just a tad long in the sleeves.

Sierra Jacket Women's

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks guys! Interesting colours on those Icon jackets. The models looked good.

Too bad A-stars don't have right now what I'm looking for. It could be useful to have the ability to attach the pants to the jacket. I don't think the zippers match in different makes.

Here's one I like. If only those blue parts were darker.

I have a Joe rocket Mesh Jacket and A-Star track pants and I sewed the two different zippers together so that they work fine. In other words My J-Rocket jacket had a zipper to attach to pants and my A-Star pants had a zipper to attach to a jacket so I sewed them together. Then when I got my A-Star leather jacket it had the zipper to attach to my A-star track pants.

Works good!

Bren

Reaction score
Visit site
The black M2R Cherish looks so good!

I still haven't bought a new leather jacket and it seems that I don't have to hurry. Last summer was so cold that Goretex with three underlayers was about all to think of. And sadly this summer doesn't look any better. If I wanted this kind of weather I would've moved to England ages ago! :mad: ;)