RIP not forgotten

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
15 years ago to this day, a Police officer came to my work place and told me my brother Gavin was dead.
Gavin was only 21 and as a favour to his buddy went into work to cover a shift.
Gave died on a cold wet November morning whilst riding to work. As he came around a blind corner he found a delivery truck parked in the road. There was heavy oncoming traffic and sadly Gav had no where to go.
He was unable to stand the bike up to reduce speed and lost the front end.
The forensic believe that he struck his head on a curb resulting in a fatal fracture of his neck and died instantly.
Gav was always ATGATT and although its 15 years on, I still miss him and fun we always had together.
Thanks for reading, and to all those who have lost someone close my sincere thoughts go out to you and your families.

neil

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
RIP Gavin.
Neil thoughts go out to you and your family in this difficult time. As Motojoe said, remember the good times.

edgeofnj

Reaction score
Visit site
RIP Gavin. I'm sure Gavin appreciates your thoughts, Neil. Keep your head up and take care!

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
RIP Gav.
Neil,
I'm sorry for your loss. Remember that we are your brothers and sisters.
Love,
Cliff and Lisa

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks people,
It's funny, I mean 15 years is a long time ago and I really didn't think that I would be effected by it today. But this morning I got out of bed with a cloud over my head. That days events have been playing and replaying for some reason.
I have had closure and really moved on with my life and remember the great times we had.
I was so privileged to have seen him grow from a child and into a man.
The night before he died I was having really bad trouble with my GPz305. The top end had about as much heat tolerance as a lump of butter.
I had missed the bus home and was really peed off because I had lost some good daylight hours to fix the bugger.
So I phoned Gav and asked him if he could come and get me from work. We got home and decided to go for an impromptu beer. That night we had an amazing chat.
Our grand father had died a few years back and we both spoke about how we missed him but always felt he was around in times of need. The conversation then lead on to our own thoughts and feelings of dying.
Considering what happened to him only 12 or so hours later I am always amazed that we had this conversation. Another weird thing happened at Christmas that year.
Gav was always a Christmas eve shopper very last minute. Unknown to us all he had completed his shopping so we all had something from him on Christmas morning.
I sometimes feel that he was tying up loose ends before he died.
Once again thanks for listening and your kind thoughtful words.

Neil

Last edited:

Gelvatron

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So sorry to hear and read this very moving and it's amazing how if you reflect on life changing events you can almost see the edge of a much bigger picture.

OneCheekRider

One Cheek On The Seat!
Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry for your loss. It's amazing how no matter how much time goes by you can still remember every little detail to the events surrounding the death of someone important to you.

I've had a ton going on in my life lately and this thread just made me realize that tonight will mark 3 years since watching my father pass. Amazing how time flies and yet I can paint such a vivid picture of every last detail of that night and the events surrounding it.

PurpleZJ

Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry for your loss OP.

Sorry for your loss. It's amazing how no matter how much time goes by you can still remember every little detail to the events surrounding the death of someone important to you.

I've had a ton going on in my life lately and this thread just made me realize that tonight will mark 3 years since watching my father pass. Amazing how time flies and yet I can paint such a vivid picture of every last detail of that night and the events surrounding it.

Feb 13 will be 3 years for my Dad and 6 for my best friend. I still remember every detail. Sucks

2006_FZ6

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry for your loss. I believe, part of our healing is remembering our loved ones. My dad passed on Sept 17, 1979. Still miss him like crazy, especially when I turn a wrench on a car. He taught me so much. I wish my son could meet him.

You never stop loving them. Hang in there! We're here for you.

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Very sad.

Really wish you and yours nothing but happiness going forward. I'm sure he's up there looking out for you now, in your own blind corners.