Not sure what this is?

M

Merkaba998

Hello, I'm new to the forum and to riding. I recently bought a used '06 FZ6 for my first bike and I freak'n love it. I just noticed this plug hanging down on the right side between the top of the engine and the tank. I was wondering if someone could tell me what it is and what it does?

2012-10-22_172739_001.jpg

2012-10-22_172739_001.jpg

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

outasight20

Reaction score
Visit site
That's a battery tender plug that the previous owner installed. You can use it to plug a battery tender into your battery, or use it for a variety of other things (with various adapters) such as charging a GPS, powering heated clothing, etc. Very handy plug to have IMO.

tyler2011

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I would lift up the tank to find out how it is hooked in before using it tho. Most likely it goes directly to the battery as it is directly above the location under the tank. The side that has the plastic surround should be 12v hot.

oaks

~~~~~
Reaction score
Visit site
Also known as an SAE connector. Source of accessories that might come in handy:

BurnsMoto - Motorcycle Powerlet Dealer - USB power sockets, phone chargers, adapters, cables, batteries and electronics

I keep an SAE-to-cigarette lighter adapter in my tail bag to charge a phone or use with a GPS in a pinch.

Keep in mind, if it's wired directly to the battery it will always be live. And whatever you plug in will run the battery down when the motor isn't running.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Schumacher-SEM-1562A-Speed-Charge-Maintainer/dp/B0009IBJAS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1350947903&sr=8-1&keywords=sem-1562a]Schumacher SEM-1562A 1.5 Amp Speed Charge Maintainer : Amazon.com : Automotive[/ame]

M

Merkaba998

Sweet! That's what I was hoping for. I'll check it out and see how it's connected to the battery. Thanks for all the help everyone!