Help!!!!!!!

Lost-Londoner

Reaction score
Visit site
ive had my fz6 a little over a month and twice now ive been riding along happily when it just dies. then it wont restart as if battery flat. with a bump or jump start it works again for a matter of minutes before the engine managment light comes on and the same thing happens. also i get an error 46 code on my dials. new battery fitted last week and the garage assured me this was sorted. obviously not! any ideas appreciated.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
ive had my fz6 a little over a month and twice now ive been riding along happily when it just dies. then it wont restart as if battery flat. with a bump or jump start it works again for a matter of minutes before the engine managment light comes on and the same thing happens. also i get an error 46 code on my dials. new battery fitted last week and the garage assured me this was sorted. obviously not! any ideas appreciated.

If you can keep it on one thread would be much easier for everyone.. Thanks..:thumbup:

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
what year and model is your bike?

neil

trepetti

It's all good!
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

46 is Power supply to the FI system not normal, Malfunction in Charging System.

Sounds like a generator / rectifier

yamihoe

Professional test dummy
Reaction score
Visit site
wasnt err code 46 a symptom of the TPS recall? 2004-2005
I thought that was only on US bikes and a few Japanese bikes?

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
While its in the shop, check that the TPS and front sprocket retaining washer have been done under warranty.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2