Looking for "sportier" handlebars

CIrrthum10

Reaction score
Visit site
Im looking for a more aggressive handlebar. Ive thought of the FZ1 bars but i wanted to ask the group before i decided to buy. Has anyone put the FZ1 bars on the FZ6 and do they like them. What other bars were used?

outasight20

Reaction score
Visit site
I have the FZ1 bars on my bike and I love them. As soon as I put them on I noticed a big difference in handling and my confidence in the bike increased.

Wearyeyed

Reaction score
Visit site
I went with FZ1 bars for the less-angled grip position, and was completely satisfied with THAT result.

I use 1" up, 1" back risers as well.

My only complaint: the bars require being turned "up" a tad to prevent the controls from hitting the tank at full lock.

You can feel the slight bend upwards at the ends of the bars, as a result.

When it is back on the road (waiting on some heated grips, boots, and my engine guard) I will attempt to use something like Invisible Shield on the tank and put the bars back level.

Hopefully, it will not be an issue for maneuvering, but time will tell...

letsgoride

Reaction score
Visit site
I put fz1 handle bars and it felt like I was riding a diffent bike.More agressive feeling and handles alot better in the corners.I did not put risers or tilt them.I just put stoppers to stop the controls from hitting the tank.I have a littleless turning radius but the overall riding sensation is well worth it.

major tom

Reaction score
Visit site
Check out Suburban Machinery. Like drop bars of old. And they are stainless steel and they accept Yam bar ends, and they have the holes for the switches.

Wearyeyed

Reaction score
Visit site
I put fz1 handle bars and it felt like I was riding a diffent bike.More agressive feeling and handles alot better in the corners.I did not put risers or tilt them.I just put stoppers to stop the controls from hitting the tank.I have a littleless turning radius but the overall riding sensation is well worth it.

Tell me more about "stoppers"...please.....

letsgoride

Reaction score
Visit site
Tell me more about "stoppers"...please.....

The bike already comes with stoppers which limit the radius of your turns.All I did was take 2 cylinder shaped steel pieces, 3 mm (1/8 inch )thick x 15 mm (5/8 inch )dia. and glued them to the existing bracket.The existing stoppers can be found on the bottom fork support.It is better to attach the steel pieces to the frame and not the bracket.You can see the existing stoppers easier without the front fairing.