FZ6 S Fazer 78 HP to 98 HP re-set

NiGHTFLY

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello All!

I have a 2008 FZ6 S Fazer which is a 78 HP model. I'm looking for a solution how o re-set back to original 98 HP. I called two Yamaha service and one of them told me that it's not a big deal, ~ 180 $ and one day and the second service told me that it's almost impossible ~ 2500 $ :confused:

Anybody knows something about this?

Cheers

fazil

Reaction score
Visit site
it's just a two minute work as i know.
There is a limiter on 78hp version.
You can grind that limiter. It's where the gas wheel is attached.

dsc04745resizehn2.jpg

check this video:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQe7HaG26-0&feature=gv]Yamaha Fazer - 78hp 98hp Convert - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:

NiGHTFLY

Reaction score
Visit site
it's just a two minute work as i know.
There is a limiter on 78hp version.
You can grind that limiter. It's where the gas wheel is attached.

dsc04745resizehn2.jpg

check this video:

Yamaha Fazer - 78hp 98hp Convert - YouTube

Hello Sir!
Thank you for your quick repy but can U please a bit more specific?
I don't understand what' s that mean "You can grind that limiter."
I'm sorry but I'm from Hungary and my english is not really good... :don'tknow:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hello Sir!
Thank you for your quick repy but can U please a bit more specific?
I don't understand what' s that mean "You can grind that limiter."
I'm sorry but I'm from Hungary and my english is not really good... :don'tknow:

He is not speaking English in the video. I believe he's saying to grind or file off some of the tab on the throttle assembly. You will see that your throttle assembly will not rotate all to the position that will allow Wide Open Throttle (WOT). This mean the throttle plates will not allow 100 percent air flow and the Throttle Position Sensor (TPS will not got to is wide open position so the computer with not give full fuel inject.

Hope this helps. :)

NiGHTFLY

Reaction score
Visit site
He is not speaking English in the video. I believe he's saying to grind or file off some of the tab on the throttle assembly. You will see that your throttle assembly will not rotate all to the position that will allow Wide Open Throttle (WOT). This mean the throttle plates will not allow 100 percent air flow and the Throttle Position Sensor (TPS will not got to is wide open position so the computer with not give full fuel inject.

Hope this helps. :)

Yep, I just checked mine, here it is:
dscf3915i.jpg

So what I have to do just cut off at the red line? Am I right?
(Is that possible to order an original part from this thing? I don'T want to cut the original part.)

NorCal FZ6

Just some dude
Reaction score
Visit site
Very interesting. Is there any specifics for the 07-09 s2 Cal version on this?? Or is this for FZ6's in general.

Could someone validate this?

I just looked over my bike. As best as I can tell the throttle wheel has a very similar metal piece, what looks to prevent throttle roll. Juicy... Thank for the pic Fazil! In light of my second or third dyno w/aftermarket exhaust. A shop had already mentioned the very topic, and that they would check for final Dyno.

Last edited:

Marcelor73

Reaction score
Visit site
Very interesting. Is there any specifics for the 07-09 s2 Cal version on this?? Or is this for FZ6's in general.

I just looked over my bike. As best as I can tell the throttle wheel has a very similar metal piece, what looks to prevent throttle roll. What a score. Thank for the pic Fazil! In light of my second or third dyno w/aftermarket exhaust. A shop had already mentioned they would need to check.

NorCal, I believe this is only for European bikes. All US bikes are 98hp.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

NorCal FZ6

Just some dude
Reaction score
Visit site
NorCal, I believe this is only for European bikes. All US bikes are 98hp.

That's what I thought.... However my throttle wheel has the same little bracket that hangs out, what looks to block the cable from rolling further. Let me get some pics.

Last edited:

Marcelor73

Reaction score
Visit site
I'll look at mine tomorrow, but I think they all have it, but the 78hp version has it in a different spot to limit the throttle, if you can rev it up to red line, then there's nothing else to do with the throttle.

Marcelor73

Reaction score
Visit site
You could take the air box cover off and look at the throttle bodies. If the butterflies are perpendicular to the opening at full throttle, then you're getting all of it since the opening couldn't possibly get any bigger.

NorCal FZ6

Just some dude
Reaction score
Visit site
You could take the air box cover off and look at the throttle bodies. If the butterflies are perpendicular to the opening at full throttle, then you're getting all of it since the opening couldn't possibly get any bigger.

Thanks for the follow up will look into. I don't want be bendin anything not needing to. I am sure will be finding out soon.

turbid

Reaction score
Visit site
as far as i know the 78hp retained the same shape of the 04 - 06 fz6 (S1 series) even if it came out in 07 onwards it still retained the old shape. the new s2 versions came with full power.

i dont know about the position of the bracket as i never checked on mine

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

I just looked over my bike. As best as I can tell the throttle wheel has a very similar metal piece, what looks to prevent throttle roll. Juicy... Thank for the pic Fazil! In light of my second or third dyno w/aftermarket exhaust. A shop had already mentioned the very topic, and that they would check for final Dyno.
It was an EU change http://www.600riders.com/forum/uk/2286-great-yamaha-con-where-have-all-me-horses-gone.html

neil

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
My bike is a US version 2007...

I just took some pictures of my throttle stop, open and closed. It does appear to move 90 degree's as it should for full opening.It has NOT been modified.

The last two pic's are from another poster's 78 HP version(different post).

Comparing pictures, it seems that not is the actual stop(that bolts to the TB) different, but the TB shaft end is somewhat different as well...

Last edited: