Which cans do I go for....hmmm...reviews anyone?

Kenna2000

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm saving up to put some cans on my bike and after plenty of researching I am still confused to which one to go for...!!!???

Two Bros
GPR (Ghost)
Arrow
Akrapovic
Remus
Scorpion
Zard
Viper
And others...

I want a nice deep tone, not too loud, would probably need to have db killers (removable) and added power would be a bonus.!

Can anyone out there give me some pointers or reviews to the ones you've put on?

Help please :)

mave2911

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I've got carbon Scorps on my S1, with removable baffles, and they sound AWESOME!

Definitely deeper than a mates steel cans.

I left the baffles in, as it sounded so good, but recently removed them.

They are not going back in! In the past week, I have had two cages almost come into my lane, before rethinking it.

Animals hear me sooner, pedestrians know I'm coming, cagers are more aware of me etc.

Single best purchase I ever made! (well, maybe a close second to my Metzeler Roadtec Z8 tyres, anyway!)

Cheers,
Rick

Kenna2000

Reaction score
Visit site
Nice one Nick, there's a lot of talk around on the Scorpion's, think they definitely seem to be the most popular.

You got any pics?

turbid

Reaction score
Visit site
based on looks alone ( i dont have aftermarket exhaust so i cannot offer an expert opinion) i d choose 1) 2 bros 2) arrow/Mivv. they seem to fit the fz best withouth them sticking out farther than the taillamp.

as i said i cant say anything about sound

Kenna2000

Reaction score
Visit site
I hear you on the stickyouty thing.
APR do a 'ghost' which fits with the existing exhaust cowl, but then you don't get to see that you have a aftermarket can!!

CroFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
I want a nice deep tone, not too loud, would probably need to have db killers (removable) and added power would be a bonus.!

Help please :)

Akrapovič or Yoshimura(Japan)

they both meet your criteria
note:
Yoshimura is a little bit quieter w/o db killer than Akrapovič

mave2911

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice one Rick, there's a lot of talk around on the Scorpion's, think they definitely seem to be the most popular.

You got any pics?

WP_000220.jpg

Exhaust2_zps22d01157.jpg

WP_000285.jpg

Cheers,
Rick

TheRabbi

Reaction score
Visit site
Scorpions are the best "bang for your buck", imo. They sound and look great, I went with the CF cans and SS tips.

The Two Bros may sound marginally better, but the repacking thing, their version of the carbon weave and the magnesium tips (I prefer SS) are all turn offs to me.

Kenna2000

Reaction score
Visit site
They look sweet Yasko. They don't look like they stick out to much either?
Did you put them on yourself or did you get a garage to put them in? Just wondering if its a DIY job or professional??

NorCal FZ6

Just some dude
Reaction score
Visit site
R&D dude.... It's really preference. Exhaust can cost a lot in comparison to benefit.:thumbup: There is a few I like, regardless of getting a set of two bros, recently.

Being in Europe , I would seriously consider termignoni( or however you spell it) devil(if you can find em/ google.uk) or scorpions. Of course that's probably common where your at. I havent heard the termi's on a FZ6. But they sound amazing on the cbr600, and on the Duc.

Last edited:

degake

Stop flashing!! G$*%£#
Reaction score
Visit site
R&D dude.... It's really preference. Exhaust can cost a lot in comparison to benefit.:thumbup: There is a few I like, regardless of getting a set of two bros, recently.

Being in Europe , I would seriously consider termignoni( or however you spell it) devil(if you can find em/ google.uk) or scorpions. Of course that's probably common where your at. I havent heard the termi's on a FZ6. But they sound amazing on the cbr600, and on the Duc.

But Termignoni's cost +1100 euro (stainless) :eek:

Leovince One LV all the way!! :rockon:

Grtz,

Degake

Sent from my New iPad using Tapatalk HD

NorCal FZ6

Just some dude
Reaction score
Visit site
Holy crap! I didn't think they were that much across the pond.

Did I leave out the Leo's? The Leo's sound awesome too and seem to put up consistent improved results, and not just with the FZ6. I came all to close getting these pipes.:rockon:

I got the Two Bros, cause of decent price, deep sound, they produce results, I read somewhere they reengineered the connector pipe some years ago and I should also mention they look great.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I've got carbon Scorps on my S1, with removable baffles, and they sound AWESOME!

Definitely deeper than a mates steel cans.

I left the baffles in, as it sounded so good, but recently removed them.

They are not going back in! In the past week, I have had two cages almost come into my lane, before rethinking it.

Animals hear me sooner, pedestrians know I'm coming, cagers are more aware of me etc.

Single best purchase I ever made! (well, maybe a close second to my Metzeler Roadtec Z8 tyres, anyway!)

Cheers,
Rick

No DB killers? Hummmm, just kidding (private joke).

+1 on ALL the above. SS Scorps, open of course,,,:thumbup:

Last edited:

Iron Cross

Reaction score
Visit site
I have the M4 carbon exhausts and I love them. They have a nice deep tone to them, and imo aren't as loud as say, the Two Bros.

uqunytyv.jpg

Aymish

Reaction score
Visit site
I have two bros on my S1, and they are deep and very loud without baffels but..my god they sound amazing at top end revs. I installed the TBs myself took about...1-2 hours mainly because I had to make a few trips to the hardware store because I cracked my socket wrench...along with a few bits an pieces I needed which I couldn't find. Anyway..after installing the TB without baffels I went for a ride, the bike sounded amazing..very very loud..but amazing. I found that more people would turn around and notice me, also had some random wave at me. However importantly every car that drove near me noticed that I was there. So two days after installation I went for a good ride for approximately 1 hour, when I returned home my head was aching. I found the constant drone to be abit annoying so I decided to get baffels. I decided to go eith the p1x baffels that are supposed to cut 8DB. Installation was super simple room about 2 mins to do and it worked a treat..the exhaust idle was much quieter still had bass but was much quieter and much more tolerable for the 3am starts I have every now and then (the neighbours haven't complained so they must be working). The DB killers also got rid of the annoying highway drone (havent had anymore headaches either) and was still loud enough to be seen by cagers whilst still sounding great. So if you buy the TB I would say the DB killers are a must! They are great cans and I wouldn't swap them if I had the chance again + I think they look a million bucks :)

Yasko

Reaction score
Visit site
They look sweet Yasko. They don't look like they stick out to much either?
Did you put them on yourself or did you get a garage to put them in? Just wondering if its a DIY job or professional??

They came with the bike. They're the reason I bought the bike a few weeks ago. I loved how they looked and Sound.:rockon:

jdodge963

Reaction score
Visit site
Im no expert but i have always loved the Two Brothers Carbons. Those are what i will be getting soon enough.