Constant neutral light!?

woody82

Reaction score
Visit site
Well havinf fixed one issue, thankfully just a blown fuse stopping the trip and clocks holding memory i just have to sort the neutral light.

the nuetral light stays on constantly in all gears and is always bright, never dims.

If the side stand is down the neutral light works as it should and will go out and kill engine, then light up when neutral engaged.

has been garaged by me and previous owner so unlikely to be water issues i think (although not aying 100%it aint)

Any ideas of what to try/sort.

not sure if its important but the bike used to have a gear inidcator of unknown type that was removed befor ei got this bike.

Any help greatly appreciated!!!

Cheers

Woody

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Woody and welcome to the forum. There is a starter relay lock out module that most of the switched items go to. I'd be up for removing the connector and inspecting the pins for damage, i.e. corrosion, broken wires, pins not seated.

Key area you need to inspect are under the left pod and all of the switches grounds. To me it sounds like one of the grounds is open or floating.

There is a chance that the NSW is broken. If you have an ohm meter you can measure it between ground and open terminal. Its just above the swing arm.

Take the connectors apart and see what you find. . .

woody82

Reaction score
Visit site
had a quick look under the pannel yesterday before posting could see no worn or bare wires, umm and which connector block there seems to be a few!!??

OZXJR

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
the nuetral light stays on constantly in all gears and is always bright, never dims.

not sure if its important but the bike used to have a gear inidcator of unknown type that was removed before I got this bike.

Theres your problem right there.

With some gear indicators all of the wires go to the ECU, except for one, the neutral indicator.If a diode wasnt fitted the light will glow all the time.

If it was an Acumen indicator, lift the tank and look for a green wire that has been joined to a light blue wire with white connector and disconnect it, no more glowing.

woody82

Reaction score
Visit site
ok thanks ozfazer6 will have a look at that when i get the chance! hope thats all it is as sounds a simple fix!!

woody82

Reaction score
Visit site
Theres your problem right there.

With some gear indicators all of the wires go to the ECU, except for one, the neutral indicator.If a diode wasnt fitted the light will glow all the time.

If it was an Acumen indicator, lift the tank and look for a green wire that has been joined to a light blue wire with white connector and disconnect it, no more glowing.

Sadly have now looked twice and can see no wires as described so now lost as to how to solve...:(:(

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm posting a PDF of the area I think will help you locate the problem.

Number 10 in the schematic is a logic module that computes what safety switches are active for safe starting and running of the engine.

The neutral safety switch is number 12. There should be a light blue colored wire attached to the switch. IIRC the switch is located toward the rear of the motor's housing on the right side if the bike. This switch is an open or ground for that light blue wire. If you find the blue wire plugged into that switch unplug it. Does the light go out? Ground that light blue wire to bare metal on the engine. Does the neutral light change states? You may have a detached light blue wire, a bad neutral switch or blown diodes in the logic module.

Do this simple test and let us know what you find. :)