HID Headlights

Abimelec

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello fellow FZ6 riders,
I've been wanting to do an HID Headlight installation on my FZ6. The thing is that I don't know what type of bulb I'm supposed to order since there are many out there. Does anyone know what bulb I need to select?
I searched the sylvania website and entered my bike info and it said my high beam light bulb is an "H7" bulb and my low beam is an "9003/HB2". Do these numbers apply in general even if the HID Kit I buy is not sylvania?

Here's the link to the site:
Lamp Replacement Guide View All Bulbs

degake

Stop flashing!! G$*%£#
Reaction score
Visit site
Hello fellow FZ6 riders,
I've been wanting to do an HID Headlight installation on my FZ6. The thing is that I don't know what type of bulb I'm supposed to order since there are many out there. Does anyone know what bulb I need to select?
I searched the sylvania website and entered my bike info and it said my high beam light bulb is an "H7" bulb and my low beam is an "9003/HB2". Do these numbers apply in general even if the HID Kit I buy is not sylvania?

Here's the link to the site:
Lamp Replacement Guide View All Bulbs

The low beam bulb is a H7 type, the highbeam bulb is a H4 type (though the "low beam" filament isn't used in this bulb).

If you really want to go HID, please consider some projector lenses as well :)
This will give you a lot better light, with only a bit extra work (opening and resealing the headlight lens) :)

If you need more info, just let me know :)

Grtz,

Degake

Abimelec

Reaction score
Visit site
consider some projector lenses as well :)
This will give you a lot better light, with only a bit extra work (opening and resealing the headlight lens) :)

If you need more info, just let me know :)

Grtz,

Degake

What are projector lenses? How do i do that?

TheRabbi

Reaction score
Visit site

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
If you put an HID kit in the FZ6 headlight you get maybe 20% more light on the road and a LOT more glare which causes oncoming traffic to flash you which can be more dangerous than keeping stock lights.

With REAL HID PROJECTORS you will put at least 3 times more light on the road where you need it and far less glare.

Here's what my FZ6 output looks from dual FX-R bi-xenon HID projector retrofits:

Low beam:
Img_0387.jpg

High beam:
Img_0385.jpg

Low Beam:
Img_0390.jpg

High beam:
Img_0393.jpg

david323

Can't Re Member
Elite Member
Reaction score