Suspension upgrade

nivag

Reaction score
Visit site
Alright peeps,

Just thought I'd post the suspension upgrade I did yesterday brought on by the diving of the front feeling more since I added HEL braided lines about 2 months ago.

On the front I changed the springs to Ohlins Linear (the one on the blue plastic) and the fork oil to 12.5W and a air gap of 120mm. The stock is 5W and a air gap of 135mm

On the rear I put a Nitron Sport shock Yamaha FZ6 - NTR Sport Shock 1-Way - in black :) (well it's more of a grey as you can see from my poor camera phone pix)

This has raised the rear a bit.

So far it's been adjusted for sag but I'm told I need to double check it in a week or two, at the moment I've only ridden 10 miles in town.
It all feels smoother over the lovely roads we have in London.... but also firmer, it's hard to describe.

All almost fitted by myself with a very watchful eye of Matt at OMC which is a self-service bike repair place http://www.ovalmotorcyclecentre.co.uk - just in case anyone thought that was my garage setup :)

Hopefully will get a longer ride out tomorrow.

nivag

Reaction score
Visit site
Thought I'd post an update on this seeing as its nearly a year since fitting.

Straight out the garage the front was much better, no more diving under heavy braking that needed the rear rake to balance the bike. So very happy with that.

The handling was different to standard due to the rear shock being firmer but also slightly longer. It took a few hundred miles for the shock to bed in and get use to the quicker turn in.
Once I did the bike feels great through the corners even if the road surface ain't smooth.
Probably done 6k miles since the change, not as much as I used to do per year, but probably due to getting a 2nd bike to play with :D