04 FZ6 brake light problem

biggdaddy4ho7

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys im new to the forum just bought a 2004 FZ6 from craiglist and found out the brike light comes on but when you turn the bike on not when you hit the brake. So i check the fuse its good some ghetto wiring was done on the front of the bike to make it naked. Heres a pic of the front of the bike

Any ideas on my next step:spank:

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Have you checked the bulb? It's a dual element 1157 style so the running lamp circuit could be good but the brake light burnt out.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
+1 on the above and WELCOME TO THE FORUM!!!!!

If it doesn't pan out, some things to look for:

There is a switch that sticks out under the ft brake lever perch, make sure thats going in and out fully when moving the lever and that the two wires going to it are plugged in. There is no adjustment for that switch.

The rear brake light switch is on the right side, just uder the rubber mounted foot peg. There's a long spring that connects to the lever and the switch. Again make sure its pulling out some or retracting. The adjuster for that switch is a plastic nut attached to the plastic switch. Turning it in or out raises and lowers the switch activating the light...

Please post your results..

biggdaddy4ho7

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the help guys . But i tryed both ideas and everything looks good for the brake switchs both front and back and i replaced the blub and still nothing sooo i guess i will take to my local shop and have them go thru it ill post up what they find

:Sport:

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the help guys . But i tryed both ideas and everything looks good for the brake switchs both front and back and i replaced the blub and still nothing sooo i guess i will take to my local shop and have them go thru it ill post up what they find

:Sport:

Please post what the problem was once fixed, thanks...