Headlight Bulb Experiences

• Thread starter Deleted member 17211
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 17211

I replaced the stock bulbs with Phillips Motovision. I also have the BD43 cable installed.

The lights are a good amount brighter than stock and I love the orange tint they put in the headlight casing.

But I am curious if there are any brighter bulbs out there. I won't do an HID retrofit either, so strictly bulbs to replace stock.

Also, I do intent to switch to a LiFePo battery. My previous two bikes had them and I loved the weight savings and increased cranking power. I doubt power will be an issue.

I'd like to hear from everyone, but especially anyone that has experience with Phillips Motovision and other bulbs for comparison.

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
For the cost of higher performing Halogen bulbs $50-$80 per pair you could just throw a decent $50 HID ballast and bulb on the low beam side and increase your low beam lighting by 50-100% with not much more trouble than replacing a simple halogen bulb. I have HID projector retrofits but I would absolutely do an HID kit before buying expensive halogen replacements that only increase lighting at most 30%.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have no experience with Phillips Motovision, but I do use Sylvania Silverstars as they seem to be the cheapest bang for the buck (short of HID). I get mine on eBay for $17 each.

They put out much whiter light and the pattern is spread out quite a bit more. Seem to last a pretty long time too. I ran them on FZ6 and now run them on FZ1.