Turn signal help

aj_

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys, Im new here, bought me an 06 FZ6 yesterday with some known problems. I got it for a good deal (I think) so Im not too worried about it. The only thing Im not sure on is why my turn signals arent working. All other lights function properly. When I flip the signal switch I get nothing, and the hazards dont work either. The lights on the gauge cluster dont flash either. I checked the fuses and all are good, so just wondering where to go from here. Get out the test light? If so what should I be testing first? The fact that the other lights work leads me to believe that the switches should be fine, could the gauge cluster be messed up? I also am not ruling out that the previous owner could have absolutely ruined the woring, so does anyone have a wiring diagram or can anyone tell me which colored wires are which going to the gauge cluster and to the lights?

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome:to our great forum!

I would first look for your flasher relay. If your bike has the fairing it will be located in the left side internally in side the fairing. It will be mounted low on a rubber mount. It's a small cubical plastic object with a plug and 2 wires. It may be gone unplugged or gone bad. :)

You can order a new one for the best price here(LF1=-S-FLAT):http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-...DispPage&category=CAR&Page2Disp=/flashers.htm
You can also get one at a higher price at a Cycle Gear store near you. Or a dealer for lots of $$$

Enjoy your new friends and post up some pics of your bike!

Last edited:

2006_FZ6

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: to the best forum on the net!

I have my OEM flasher relay around here somewhere, you are welcome to it if you want. Just pay postage, fair enough?

btw, :needpics: :BLAA:

aj_

Reaction score
Visit site
Problem solved. What im assuming was the diode (little black box) was completely unplugged and just laying on top of some wiring between the tank and the forks. Everything is working right now, now just need to make it look decent lol. I have some pics but its really nothing special, just a naked fz6 with a cheapo head light and turn signals

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Problem solved. What im assuming was the diode (little black box) was completely unplugged and just laying on top of some wiring between the tank and the forks. Everything is working right now, now just need to make it look decent lol. I have some pics but its really nothing special, just a naked fz6 with a cheapo head light and turn signals

That little black box is your flasher relay (not a diode) that was move to that location when the bike was made naked. :)

Good you have it squared away!

Mudkipz137

Reaction score
Visit site
Moto I have a question. If I go naked do I have to buy a new relay for blinkers or can I relocate like you mentioned on this one? Trying to get an idea for total cost for conversion.

Thanks
Mud

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Moto I have a question. If I go naked do I have to buy a new relay for blinkers or can I relocate like you mentioned on this one? Trying to get an idea for total cost for conversion.

Thanks
Mud

Mud,

What generally happens is people get involved with LED directional lights. Sometimes front and back or front or back. This usually ends up in a fast or non existent flash rate. That link I posted earlier on this thread is a place to get a great flasher for $8.95. LF1-S-FLAT.Super Bright LEDs - Electronic LED Flashers Specifications
This is an electronic flasher and will keep it flash rate with different load combinations. For the future include this electronic flasher and it can be routed and mounted behind the frame. :)

Last edited:

SmokeEater37

Reaction score
Visit site
Moto,
My turn signals have been rapidly flashing since I installed the VS02 kit. I cut the blue wires and plugged in black, brown, and green accordingly. I'm wondering if my relay may need replaced?? My rear integrated flashes rapidly as well, but prior to the naked headlight install it worked fine. I see there is a third slot in the plug for the relay. Do I need to route the blue wire I cut into there? I have very little electrical experience which doesn't help.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Moto,
My turn signals have been rapidly flashing since I installed the VS02 kit. I cut the blue wires and plugged in black, brown, and green accordingly. I'm wondering if my relay may need replaced?? My rear integrated flashes rapidly as well, but prior to the naked headlight install it worked fine. I see there is a third slot in the plug for the relay. Do I need to route the blue wire I cut into there? I have very little electrical experience which doesn't help.

Your blue with red tracer wire is for running lights if you have them, otherwise just terminate it.

I do suggest an electronic type flasher relay with can be purchased at a great price in the link above ^^^^^^ :D