Beowulf Exhaust ?

k3nw00d

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Folks,

Have been having a look around for a "cheap" but good Exhaust for my FZ6 and have seen a lot of good stuff on the Beowulf.....

My question is, I currently have a K&N Air Filter and a Power Commander III USB, the reason for the PCIII was to smooth out the power delivery as stock was bad.... Anyway, Do I actually need the PCIII for the Exhaust and Air Filter or can I get rid of it and save some money ?

Cheers in advance.

Andy

k3nw00d

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Folks,

Have been having a look around for a "cheap" but good Exhaust for my FZ6 and have seen a lot of good stuff on the Beowulf.....

My question is, I currently have a K&N Air Filter and a Power Commander III USB, the reason for the PCIII was to smooth out the power delivery as stock was bad.... Anyway, Do I actually need the PCIII for the Exhaust and Air Filter or can I get rid of it and save some money ?

Cheers in advance.

Andy

Decided to go for the SP Engineering Stubbys, now fitted and AWESOME !

SP Engineering confirmed that no PCIII required, but as I have one, may as well keep it.

Anyone looking for a sub £350 carbon exhaust (delivered) that sounds amazing, this is the one to go for, fitting was simple and finish is spot on !

Took it for it's first run this morning.... the tone and burble is crazy.... can't remember the last time I grinned as much :D

Highly recommended :rockon:

philz

Reaction score
Visit site
I used to have a Beowulf on my SV650 and for the price it was fantastic. Sure it's not a Yoshi or Akra but it's about a third of the price so I was happy enough.

k3nw00d

Reaction score
Visit site
Re: SP Engineering Exhaust ?

Hi Folks,

I ended up not going for the Beowulf Exhaust.... I got SP Engineering Carbon Stubby Moto GP Exhausts (FZ6 Fazer (04-09) Carbon Stubby Moto GP Exhausts)

Here is a link below (from someone on this site) of their video of the cans......

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNc_M5EQpro]2008 Yamaha FZ6 S2 - SP Engineering Exhaust - YouTube[/ame]

Now I just need to get a PCIII USB Mapping to suit them :rockon:

Enjoy !!!

dabobmeister

Reaction score
Visit site
I am looking at getting some of the SP engineering cans as they are a great price. Do they come with tail tidy and baffles for that price?

k3nw00d

Reaction score
Visit site
I am looking at getting some of the SP engineering cans as they are a great price. Do they come with tail tidy and baffles for that price?

No Tail Tidy, but baffles, connectors / brackets, etc.... All you need to fit them

They do fit with the Standard Tail and don't look too bad to be honest, they are an wesome look and a tremendous sound.... I like the burbble you get from them ;)

k3nw00d

Reaction score
Visit site
juist looked on thier site, looks good, great variety also, did they come with the y piece in the price?

Hiya,

Yip, Y Piece, clamp for Y piece, brackets to hold on, silencers and clamps, couple of other pieces required, but all in all...... Everything required to replace Standard cans with these ones (from CAT back), and easy to do, if I can do it, anyone can :D

k3nw00d

Reaction score
Visit site
SP ENGINEERING SUBBY MOTO GP Exhaust

Hi Folks,

Just in case anyone does end up going for one of the SP Engineering Stubby MotoGP Exhausts..... If you have the same setup as me (2008 FZ6, PCIII USB, K&N Ait Filter and Exhausts) you might find the below reply from DynoJet of interest......

I asked what mapping to use for my setup as there is not a specific one available for it.... Here's what they said :

--------------------------------------------------
Hello,

Thanks for your enquiry, please find all available map files here: Welcome to Power Commander Motorcycle Fuel Injection Tuning Module

For your specification I would recommend the M410-506.

Regards, Martin.
--------------------------------------------------

Hope this helps someone else out :rockon: