LG HBS700 Headset

Mudkipz137

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey everyone,
This is my first review but I love these forums so I'd like to contribute where possible.

A few months ago I bought the LG HBS-700 headset, it's a pretty nice design. Instead of attaching to your ear, it hangs around your neck and has earbuds that come out to put in your ears. The problem I was having was normal headphones worked but then I was having a hard time making calls on the road and such, not to mention WIRES! On top of that, bluetooth helmet mounts and such are extremely expensive and none of my riding buddies waned to invest in them, so I needed something I could use to call and listen to music without paying for my friends' headsets. So this was the solution somebody recommended.

Overview: It's wireless, connects via bluetooth to your cell phone (Iphone 4 here), and has several button functions on the headset.
The left side has a volume up/down button and a call button that initiates voice command from your phone (so whatever voice commands yoru phone supports), the right side has music track changer and a play/pause button.

Sound Quality: Very good quality sound, it gets plenty loud to hear over the screaming wind flying through the helmet, and it doesn't skip crackle or pop.

Call Quality: I've managed to make several calls using this headset, however don't expect to be making calls on the highway. This is more of a headset you can call people while cruising through town, it DOES work, but you have to speak up a little. To use simply press the call button, and for me it's "Call XXXXXX" (very hard to pronounce :p) and confirm the contact, it goes instantly for me. I have yet to try this on the freeway, but the problem is the amount of wind coming at you is pretty high and I don't think it would work well. However, like I said I've mad many calls going through town in the 0-45 MPH range and have asked several call recipients if they realized I was talking to them while riding my motorcycle--the answer was always no, they said it sounded slightly different but overall good quality on their end.

Ease of use: You get used to the buttons very quickly, they are easy to feel through gloves and you don't look like an idiot trying to pull your iphone out on the highway and skip tracks. All you have to do is use your left hand and skip tracks/change volume, etc. Very convenient! My recommendation--tuck it into the collar of your shirt or jacket (I almost always ride with a riding jacket), it makes easy to access and doesn't feel like it's going to fly off or anything.

Vendors: $40-90 I bought mine from a Sprint store and paid roughly $90 for it. After googling it to do this review, I found these links that spite me.
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/LG-Tone-Wireless-Bluetooth-Packaging/dp/B0052YFYFK]Amazon.com: LG Tone - HBS-700 Wireless Bluetooth Stereo Headset - Retail Packaging - Black/Orange: Cell Phones & Accessories[/ame]
https://www.google.com/products/cat...7&sa=X&ei=Q6sqUJjGHufwiwKn0YH4BA&ved=0CFcQzAM

Anyways hope this is semi-helpful!

Mudkipz

TheRabbi

Reaction score
Visit site
How do the ear buds do at cancelling/isolating noise? Would they work as a replacement for traditional ear plugs?

Mudkipz137

Reaction score
Visit site
My opinion, yes. I don't think any earbud will eliminate ALL noise but these do very well. When I put these earbuds in (with helmet on) and turn the bike on, I can't hear the starter on the bike kicking over (technical terms allude me--but you know what I'm talking about all electrical starting bikes sound like it.

If you have nice earbuds and not interested in wireless, or bluetooth calls, or anything like that then maybe it's not worth upgrading. This is a nice way to get it all, and when you get off the bike and take the helmet off just leave the headset around your neck and walk around. It's great.

Mud