Speedo healer +pcIII

steven lapointe

Reaction score
Visit site
Well here is the question, are these two compatible?
Is it possible to install both of them a the same time
If not,can you heal the speedo with the pc|||?

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
The Speedohealer plugs in between your speed sensor and the factory wiring harness (under the fuel tank). You then adjust the SH for your particular needs after its installed (I have mine under the seat for easy access).

An add on PC shouldn't have anything to do with the SH and its settings.. I don't know of a PC that allows you to adjust for the speedometer error built into the bike, but nowadays I may be wrong..

And yes, you can install them at the same time, its just two different electronic farkles. BTW, you can either find your error by using a GPS or if the gearing is stock, I believe SH has a chart, for stock gearing, for the FZ, what to set it at..... I used my GPS to adjust mine, its dead on... Your odometer will be off slightly

Last edited:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
+1^^^^
The PClll is a fuel management device.
The Speedo Healer is a speed correction device.

Hey Scott doesn't the SH correlate to the odometer? If the speedo is off the odometer is off. If I correct the speedo I should be correcting the odo?

visions

THAT guy
Reaction score
Visit site
+1^^^^

Hey Scott doesn't the SH correlate to the odometer? If the speedo is off the odometer is off. If I correct the speedo I should be correcting the odo?

Correct, on all counts. :thumbup:

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
+1^^^^

Naw Cliff, Yamaha has a pretty accurate odometer, just the speedo as you know, reads low a fair amount with the stock gearing.

When you get the speedometer dead on, the odometer is off (I think it reads low but I forgot, not a biggon for me as I'd rather know my TRUE speed). I checked the odometer once against my GPS and it was indeed off...

The newer SH also has a plug in to record your HIGHEST speed until you re-set it... Comes in handy, especially if its your kids bike!!

mave2911

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
If I correct the speedo I should be correcting the odo?

No, there is one sensor wire - and with a 7% discrepancy in speed, the odometer is reporting correctly.

If you use a SpeedoHealer, or SpeedoTuner or whatever, it will modify the signal, resulting in your odometer reading low. (if you adjust the speedo to be accurate, the odometer will then be 7% out)

Cheers,
Rick

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
+1^^^^

Cliff, from the Speedohealer site:

"What do you gain with SpeedoHealer?
- Accurate speedometer and/or odometer no matter what you change on your vehicle
- Your odometer won't show more miles/kms than you ride (RESALE VALUE!)
- Top Speed Memory (Ever wondered HOW FAST you were going?)
- Safety: your speedometer will always clearly indicate your actual speed, without lag
- Optimal performance (certain vehicles require accurate speed signal to deliver the most performance)"

I highlighted the reference to the odometer..

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Cliff, from the Speedohealer site:

"What do you gain with SpeedoHealer?
- Accurate speedometer and/or odometer no matter what you change on your vehicle
- Your odometer won't show more miles/kms than you ride (RESALE VALUE!)
- Top Speed Memory (Ever wondered HOW FAST you were going?)
- Safety: your speedometer will always clearly indicate your actual speed, without lag
- Optimal performance (certain vehicles require accurate speed signal to deliver the most performance)"

I highlighted the reference to the odometer..

Yes I think what they are saying is because of the speedo error our bikes show more miles than they are actually traveling and they are saying after you install the SH the bike won't show more miles than you're actually riding. This means the SH also corrects the odometer error that the bike has before installation. The odo and speedo get the signal from the same source.

If anything the odo does not change. Just the speedo...

Edit: Just found out from the the Healtech site that the odo will read slightly less when the SH is used so Yes the odometer is effected because they use the same signal.

http://www.healtech-electronics.com/

Last edited:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
No, there is one sensor wire - and with a 7% discrepancy in speed, the odometer is reporting correctly.

If you use a SpeedoHealer, or SpeedoTuner or whatever, it will modify the signal, resulting in your odometer reading low. (if you adjust the speedo to be accurate, the odometer will then be 7% out)

Cheers,
Rick

Yes there is one sensor/source. Both odo and speedo are calculated in the instrument cluster from the same signal. If I alter that signal both odo and speedo are effected.
Keep in mind the speedometer is a device that calculates distance traveled verses time. The odometer doesn't care about time. It calculates by the output shaft rotation. If the output shaft rotation data is changed I couldn't calculate what the percentage difference would be between because the speedo calculations are done using an internal clock and the odometer is not. They are however both changed..

mave2911

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Edit: Just found out from the the Healtech site that the odo will read slightly less

Not 'slightly less', I'm afraid Cliff. They are a fixed relationship.

I fitted a SpeedoTuner and corrected my speed, which in turn altered my odometer by the same margin.

I contacted both the makers of the SpeedoTuner and SpeedoHealer to see if either product could be made to change just one value, but both manufacturers said it was a single signal that couldn't be altered independently.

Cheers,
Rick

P.S. This has the benefit of the mileage being recorded up to 7% low, meaning for every 100mi you drive, the odometer will only say 93mi if you set your speedo to be accurate.

I have tested and verified this.

Last edited: