Might Sell The Fizzer :'(

ebster1085

Reaction score
Visit site
Ok, so this is not an end all, but I am considering selling my FZ6 and want to see what kind of interest I can drum up. I have a good friend looking to sell his 2007 Speed Triple and I can get it for a pretty good price. Have always been obsessed with that bike and cant own two, so I need to explore this option.

2008 FZ6 with 12xxx miles. Bike has been meticulously cared for and never dropped or stunted. Oil and filter changed every 3k with Amsoil 10w-40 and PureOne filter. Tires are BT-023's and have around 4K miles on them. Here is the mod list and a picture:

VS-02 Kit
Motogiro relay mod
VVME 55 Watt HID kit (6000K temp)
FZ1 bar
The2Wheels levers (black with titanium adjusters)
RideItMoto Rizoma knock off bar end mirrors (maintained OEM bar ends)
CF frame sliders
CF tank pad
Black painted radiator side shields
PowerBronze belly pan (black painted mesh)
Customized rear tire hugger
Two Bros CF slip on exhaust
FE kit with smoked LED signals
New LED signal relay for correct rate
Battery tender with trickle

I am hoping to get around $5k for it. Please let me know if you are interested.

Last edited:

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I'd certainly think you'd be able to get that, especially if you hand over some of the OEM parts with it.

What's strange for me is I'd almost rather buy something that's never been touched vs something that has lots of mods, but at least on these bikes, the workmanship is on display right there in the open.

You're bike looks great! If you keep it, get some R6 forks on it. After that the only huge deficit it lacks is TORQUE!!! Hence your need for the Triple!

ebster1085

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks dude! I appreciate the kind words.

I really do love the bike and if it does come time to sell, will have a hard time letting her go.

I know what you mean about buying a stock untouched bike, but like you said, its all out in the open. Also did all the work myself and can vouge for all of it.

AthensGA37

Reaction score
Visit site
If you do sell and the buyer doesnt want it, i'll take the belly pan off your hands for the right price ;) possibly even the TB pipe if you still had stock to sell it.

ebster1085

Reaction score
Visit site
If you do sell and the buyer doesnt want it, i'll take the belly pan off your hands for the right price ;) possibly even the TB pipe if you still had stock to sell it.

Will keep that in mind. I do still have the stocke exhaust but planned on just throwing it in with the sale if it comes to such a time. I figure this will prob go as a package deal.

Looks pretty sweet how it is if you ask me :BLAA:

TheRabbi

Reaction score
Visit site
Honestly, you'll probably make more money by parting out the big parts. It will probably be in the vicinity of a few hundreds at most, if that means enough to you.

GLWS, it's a BEAUTIFUL bike.

ebster1085

Reaction score
Visit site
Honestly, you'll probably make more money by parting out the big parts. It will probably be in the vicinity of a few hundreds at most, if that means enough to you.

GLWS, it's a BEAUTIFUL bike.

Thanks dude!

Yea, I could make a bit more if I part it out but not really interested in going that route.

Im not dying to sell it by any means and I use it every day, so I will keep it fully intact until such a time I get an offer worth considering.

If I can get 5K, its gone, and I will pick up the Speed Triple. We will see, only time will tell.

ebster1085

Reaction score
Visit site
Bump!

Other than some schmuck who tried to scam me via CL, I haven't had any serious hits. If I do sell the bike, I would love to keep it in this community.

ebster1085

Reaction score
Visit site
Was very sad to sell the fizzer this morning, but am happy to say I am keeping it in the family!

Bryan (user name bryanwny) drove about 7 hours to my parents house this morning to buy my bike. Very nice guy, and I have a feeling we will be seeing more of him on the forum here. I just hope he loves that bike as much as I did.

Even though I am moving onto a Triumph Speed Triple (pics to come) I will still be lurking the boards and hopefully joining in on future group rides.

bryanwny

Reaction score
Visit site
BIG thanks to ebster1085 for being so easy to deal with on purchasing his bike. I think it's a great looking bike and there isn't really anything major that I plan on changing. It pretty much has everything done to it already that I wanted to do with my '09 FZ6, until I laid it down when what seemed like a dog-sized raccoon came running out mid-corner at night on me when I was already leaned over. Bike continued to slide and slam a 3"-4" steel mailbox post -- shredding the front fairing/gas tank/bars/controls/shifter/seat/etc. Totalled.

The drive from Buffalo area to Long Island was great @ 2am. Took about 7 hours. The ride back @ 10:30ish AM? Not so much! Stuck in traffic jams for ~2.5 hours due to construction and who knows what else. Safe trip though, and no tickets -- BONUS!.

I'll start a different post in the Streetfighter section with some photos of the bike, and the few small things I've 'adjusted' since purchasing it ~2 weeks ago.

Thanks again, ebster, and I'm glad to read in the other thread that you're enjoying that Speed Triple so far! I've definitely been enjoying being back on an FZ6, that's for sure :D