Joe Rocket jacket/pants compatibility?

Susan

That Romance Author Lady
Reaction score
Visit site
I just ordered a Joe Rocket Cleo 2.2 jacket, and I was wondering if it will zip together with the Alter Ego pants.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Lisa laughs at me cuz I do all my alterations. For instance I'll make an inter-zipper to make my jackets and pants zip together. :p

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Most of the JoeRocket stuff will zip together. The jacket/pants should have an 8in. zipper attached or come with one:thumbup:

Susan

That Romance Author Lady
Reaction score
Visit site
Good to know.

I used to be a professional seamstress, but still, I have to ask: what on earth is an inter-zipper?

rivettm

Reaction score
Visit site
Good to know.

I used to be a professional seamstress, but still, I have to ask: what on earth is an inter-zipper?

It sounds like something I could use. I have a Joe Rocket jacket and Rev'it pants. They both have zippers but zip in opposite directions so I can't zip them together. I was thinking it would be possible make an adapter to allow them to attach to each other. Maybe that's an inter-zipper?

Completely impossible for me to create though. I'd probably lose some fingers trying.

Susan

That Romance Author Lady
Reaction score
Visit site
I think I would just take out the mismatched zipper halves and install a new zipper.

Or Cliff might make you one of his inter-zippers. ;)

texcollect

Crotchety Old Fart
Reaction score
Visit site
I'll make an inter-zipper to make my jackets and pants zip together. :p

It's when you take the Jacket part of the pant zipper and stitch it to the pant side of the jacket zipper. I did this to allow a pair of tourmaster pants to connect to my Olympia jackets.

wolfe1down

Go hard or go home!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
All the Rocket great I have purchased in the past zipped together fine. I used to have JR pants and was able to get them to zip to a Teknik jacket by sewing the other half of their zippers together. The pants and jacket both came with the opposite piece of their own zipper to allow them to zip to other manufacturers native zipper assembly. Worked perfectly.

Sent from my SAMSUNG GALAXY S2 INFUSE using Tapatalk 2

Susan

That Romance Author Lady
Reaction score
Visit site
The pants and jacket both came with the opposite piece of their own zipper
Sent from my SAMSUNG GALAXY S2 INFUSE using Tapatalk 2

That's the bit that was missing from the picture in my mind. When the jacket arrived with both zipper pieces, I could see how the inter-zipper idea would work. :)

Susan

That Romance Author Lady
Reaction score
Visit site
The Cleo 2.2 jacket is awesome. :D Love the jacket.

I got a medium so I'd have extra room for a sweater or two in there come autumn, and it fits fine over a T-shirt with all the straps cinched up to the smallest size.

So then I read that the Cleo pants run larger than what the size charts say, and because jeans and long johns don't add that much bulk, I figured I'd better get a small or the pants would be like parachutes. Wrong. :eek: The charts suggested they'd be a little roomy, but they were way too tight to sit in comfortably. I'm exchanging them for a medium.

But the zippers do work together.

Susan

That Romance Author Lady
Reaction score
Visit site
The mediums arrived, and they fit just fine. I feel so much less likely to split my kneecaps now. :Flash:

I wish they were a tad longer, but the 32" inseam is all Joe Rocket offers in this style. Because all women are the same height, obviously.