clutch bypass switch? IS IT POSSIBLE???

helpmespeed

chop/cut/rebuild
Reaction score
Visit site
nO clutch switch on my 94 banshee 600cc (2005 fz6 motor). can i bypass it on the harness somehow someone anyone? starts in neutral, butwhen going to shift in gears it dies out. i seen an r6 forum that you can bypass an r6. has anyone bypassed theirs??? thanks for the help so far!

CowtownBiomed

Reaction score
Visit site
Sounds to me like the kickstand safety switch is what is causing your issue.
The clutch switch will allow the bike to start in gear when pulled in, when in neutral the clutch switch doesnt do anything..

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sounds to me like the kickstand safety switch is what is causing your issue.
The clutch switch will allow the bike to start in gear when pulled in, when in neutral the clutch switch doesnt do anything..

A Banshee is a quad racer tho and does not have a sidestand.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
The wires you are looking for are light gauge wires. Color is blue with a green tracer and a black wire. Both are probably together. I don't know whether the wires are to be together or apart for the engine to run so if you find them tied together open the circuit. If they are apart complete the circuit. :D

See diagram: #11 is the side stand switch...

helpmespeed

chop/cut/rebuild
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok now i did it. I looked at the wiring diagram and i jumped the 2 wires and now shee wont crank, at all. OH $#!T!!!! but by far best diagram ive seen in months of looking, Thanks for the info, but now where do i go from? starter fuses good, efi fuse good, ignition fuse good. i might have fried a relay i think. Also i did not see the exact color wires described with the blue w/green tracer anywhere ( I have not looked at the ecu harness, just the connector by the head lights). so now SHEE's gettin' rme. its been almost a year in building the monster....helmespeed thanks everyone for their input:thumbup:

helpmespeed

chop/cut/rebuild
Reaction score
Visit site
yes It is possible. I think i f-ed my cut off relay and so i finally foud the correct 2 wires and jumped them together. IT MOVED!!! I test drove it for an hour or so and Shee Hauls!!!! thanks everyone once again and thanks for this awesome website! couldnt have done it without the info!

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I'd like to see your project. Could you post some picks when you get a chance? :)

greg

UK Luchador
Reaction score
Visit site
i had this happen to me once, i reset the ecu by unplugging the battery for 15mins and it's worked normally ever since

think i caused it by knocking the bike into gear with the sidestand down