Heading East!

chickwebb

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi, all. I'll be heading to Scotland in late June/early July with my girlfriend/SO/lover/BFF (whatever you want to call her). We'll be visiting her father in Aberdeen. He owns three bikes (a KTM and 2 Ducs - no FZ-6... er, Fazer :frown: ), so of course we're going to be spending about 10 days riding around Northern Scotland. I have a couple of questions:

1. Are there any FZ-6 riders out there that live in Scotland and would you be interested in trying to meet up?
  2. Insurance. My understanding is that my girlfriend's father's insurance will not cover us. What does one do for insurance over there if one is not a resident?

Needless to say, we are really looking forward to this! Any information that you all over there can provide would be much appreciated.

- Chick

grommit

...M
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I would have thought it would be easiest for you to be added to the existing insurance of the owners of the bike as a named rider.

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I would check with your own Agent first. I know my insurance covers me when I drive any other vehicle. I've always declined insurance when renting a car becuase I'm already paying for it. :D Hope this helps! BUT, I've never had to try this in another country.

Last edited:
L

l41w

Hi,

I am going on a bike trip to Scotland at the end of May. You should try and visit John 'O' Groats its the most northern piont of the UK and there are some excellent roads up there for bikes!

As for insurance, things work differently in the UK and your policy back home wont cover you, plus its illeagal to have two insurance policies on the same vehicle. The best thing is to do want Grommit said and get yourself as a named driver on the policy of the person who owns the bike.

Whatever you do make sure your covered as the police now have rights to seize and even crush uninsured vehicles.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi, all. I'll be heading to Scotland in late June/early July with my girlfriend/SO/lover/BFF (whatever you want to call her). We'll be visiting her father in Aberdeen. He owns three bikes (a KTM and 2 Ducs - no FZ-6... er, Fazer :frown: ), so of course we're going to be spending about 10 days riding around Northern Scotland. I have a couple of questions:

1. Are there any FZ-6 riders out there that live in Scotland and would you be interested in trying to meet up?
  2. Insurance. My understanding is that my girlfriend's father's insurance will not cover us. What does one do for insurance over there if one is not a resident?

Needless to say, we are really looking forward to this! Any information that you all over there can provide would be much appreciated.

- Chick
Hi Mate,

Finboz is our sole skirt wearing representive (JK) PM him. He sounds like a top fella.

Nelly